Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sneak peak at Kmart's TF3 prices?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Sounds like the actual labelling of the Size Classes has been changed by Kmart, probably by accident. The toy Classes themselves are about the same size as before (deluxes are still deluxe size), and the wholesale price hasn't changed since last year, so I doubt we will be seeing $18 deluxes outside of a sale.
    If Kmart has labelled them incorrectly in their system and it's not fixed before the launch of the figures, it has the potential to be an amazing price match scheme before the other chains catch on!

That would be interesting to test. If Kmart use the (incorrect) wording in a catalogue, and another store price-matches based on labelling rather than item coding, those prices could end up being matched. But if you know that, and intentionally try to price-match mis-matching product sizes/classes, it would be considered fraud. It wouldn't matter what different stores call their product in their computer systems, if you try to price-match a 'big' figure to a 'smaller' one instead of another 'big' figure, it is deceptive and you could get into trouble if caught.

Even if Kmart has decided to (or by mistake) call Scouts Deluxes and Deluxes Voyagers, there's still the Ultimate toy shelf tag pictured which has little ambiguity and has a price only $10 more than the US retail price. That makes me think the exchange rate may be in our favour (as per the speculation thread I started).

One-off items like exclusives and large size items can sometimes be quite good for us, especially lately. The BigW exclusives in the last few months have been really cheap.
    And the price we've seen on Ultimate Bumblebee and Devastator at some stores have been less than the US price.
    So I wouldn't be surprised if the Ultimate Optimus ended up being this cheap in stores like Kmart and BigW.

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Did they really change the sizing? Cause griffin posted some photos from a toy fair and it didn't seemed like the figures were smaller sizing.

Well hopefully it's not the sizing thats changes, but the price drop only. But then again which means it'll be a tough fight with other parents out there who will be buying for their kids as well.
    What I was trying to say is the figure size is the same but they have changed what they call them.

Like back in BW

Basic
    Deluxe
    Mega
    Ultra
    Supreme

Then they changed it to

Scout
    Deluxe
    Voyager
    Ultra was gone
    Leader

It's not just the naming that has changed - some (maybe most) of the figures have shrunken.

Have a look at peaugh's review of Ironhide - he compares the DOTM Voyager toy to the Movie/ROTF Voyager and it's smaller.

The only class names that have changed for DOTM are Legends and Scout. Everything else is the still called the same (even if the big gimmick guns mean the figures are a bit smaller).

I really hope someone finds a Kmart store selling these figures soon so we know one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Have a look at peaugh's review of Ironhide - he compares the DOTM Voyager toy to the Movie/ROTF Voyager and it's smaller.
    Thats what happens when you add giant weapons, the plastic needs to be taken from the toy.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)