Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Member location field in header.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Another $0.02 worth of opinion:

OzFormers Transformers Collectors Australia

From what I recall this board was started up with the intention of aiding fellow Australians in locating, selling, trading and discussing Transformers collectables and media.
    Actually, our collector community (or club, as it started out as, but a word I am hesitant in using now due to the existance of the Official Club) started up to provide fans in this part of the world to have a more 'local' internet environment to be a part of. Admittedly, that was over ten years ago now, in a time when there were no fan communities outside of the American 'global' ones. Times have changed though, and presently it is conceivable to assume that any country that has Transformers Fans, is likely to have a local fan community. WHich would make it no longer necessary for us to be offering up that option to non-Australian fans anymore.
    If by chance we did decide to tighten the restriction to only allow Australians in, it would only affect new registrations. The existing members from other countries like New Zealand and Asia, would still be welcome here, for as long as they feel the need to interact on another country's forum in addition to their own local forums (which I'd expect they all do).
    BUt this is a decision that will take a little time to work out. And any changes to procedures here will be announced accordingly.

Kyle, man. Like others have said, you're not a guy who's here for the pure purpose of selling. You've organised fan meets, been in other threads and helped many of us afford stuff we otherwise wouldn't. We love having you around these boards, dude. You're part of us.

My quibble w/ Bodhar2000 is he's posted 1 thread and I'm not fully convinced is why he's here. He's had one post in one thread. So he joined for the primary purpose of defending himself?

So if the guy who dodged me found my recommendation against him in the bad sellers list, he'd be allowed to join just to defend what I said about him? What I'm getting at is I don't think this forum is a place for that type of dispute resolution. I think the bad sellers thread serves as a guide. I know others have for example nominated people who have been good to me but bad for them. Some of the nominated people I still look to buy from time to time. But it is useful in understanding what went wrong that time so I can be on the look out. Its risk management type system in my mind by fans for fans. It's not something that is by the letter of the law.

In my case, the only negative feedback I've received was from the seller who tried to dupe me for the 2007 botcon set and tried to lure me into waiting out past the deadline for filing a dispute. Other than the 1 negative I've left him, he's had probably 2-4 negatives IIRC. It doesn't make my bad experience any worse though and it's important others can assess the risk and maybe mitigate it so they don't get the same inconvenience.

Like I've said, my beef w/ ppl like bodhar2000 isn't that I think he's a good/bad seller. (I've actually vouched for him) It's why he's here. Based on what I've seen thus far I'm inclined to be circumspect. However, I will regard it with an open mind and I look forward to seeing if he continues participating in this community in any shape or form.

Makes me wonder if i'm wasting the "Location" space.

Not like many people know where "Innisfail" is anyway.

i always assumed its where Innis failed, did she survive? Or was eaten by a rooster?

well i have no problem with saying about my location.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Makes me wonder if i'm wasting the "Location" space.

Not like many people know where "Innisfail" is anyway.
    I thought that since it had been in the news so often 2 years ago that everyone should remember where it is.

I've left my location vague because if I mention where I live in general discussion, people tend to act weird, don't want it to happen on the boards too!

And incase anyone tries to tell you otherwise, Blacktown is not "the Hills District"
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Innisfall is not far from Cairns. Rather elevated IIRC. I spent a while there when I was backpacking. So someone does know.

If by elevated you mean we have a few small hills around town then yeah, otherwise we're down on the coast.

Otherwise you're probably thinking of the Atherton Tablelands, or as they need to now be known as for tourism purposes, "The Cairns Highlands".

I knew of Innisfail years back. Can't remember how, Burn. I recall (ages ago) we were discussing this on ICQ.

Trunks, I knew a girl from Blacktown who used to tell people she was from the Hills because it "sounded better".

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Kyle, We're making no reference to you at all . There's a difference between helping others obtain hard-to-come-by items & basically scalping TFs off at over-inflated prices. It's all good Mate (Woah, now I'm starting to sound like Lisa )

I can't stand scum like that . The international boards seem to be flooded with those types of "Scalpers" masquerading as "TF Collectors".
    When did you meet these people to be able to work out they are scum. Everyone needs to make a living, if you don't agree with their prices just don't buy off them and move on. I don't like over inflated prices myself but if your patient you will find items at prices your willing to pay on ebay, e-stores or people you meet through boards like this. Back on subject, I like the location field, if you don't like it don't use it.
    Last edited by 1orion2many; 6th May 2008 at 10:41 PM.