View Poll Results: How much of your collection is on display?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100%

8 18.60%
  • 75 - 100%

11 25.58%
  • 50 - 75%

6 13.95%
  • 25 - 50%

6 13.95%
  • 0 - 25%

12 27.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much of your collection is on display?

Ive recently rearranged my collection room and packed in 94 liter roller boxes the TFs I'm not so fond of, but still can't bring myself to get rid of. Namely the Unicron trilogy series, Universe 1.0 series, RH, random series Tfs- Im not crazy about like say G1 stuff, but these were selected figures (not the entire line hehehe). The collection on display now looks a bit... focused fro lack of a better word. I really need a bigger room for them all to be displayed properly, also some nicer glass cabinets wouldhelp. So Id say around 75% on display.

addit: oh and all of the Bayverse TFs are in storage as well, except for a few Ive incorporated in the classicverse l shelf like Bludgeon.
    Last edited by liegeprime; 3rd May 2011 at 06:10 PM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I would say about 100% of toys which I consider to be part of my collection.

However if I count some of the spares, 'universally countable' junkers and others it would be more in the realm of 98-99.9%

i only have 1 toy on display currently, every thing else is in storage

Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream

i guess i also have my hard hero and diamond select statues in the cabinets, but then i never really consider them part of the over all transformers collection

in about 8 weeks however i will have my very own transformer display room and i hope to get them all out....eventually.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I probably have about 1/3 on display.

My favourite loose G1s are safely in a glass/timber cabinet for display.
    Other G1s are on an open shelf, but need dusting every so often.
    My boxed collection is scattered throughout my room.

The modern Classicsverse figures are mostly in storage except a loose lot of the ones I like to fiddle with that are in the lounge room.

I still need to rearrange my room and take photos. I've been on OTCA a few years now and still havn't shown my collection

0-25% so sad Two glass cabnites and an AFA shelf which gets rotated every so often. The rest live in boxes, containers, under the bed well anywhere that I can find!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    As I recall you have some pretty heavy-duty cabinets too. Those things inspire envy.
    Yeah heavy duty.

Not much change out of $1600 for each one

For those of you who display but a tiny fraction/ or none at all i.e. A handful, but have a tonne in storage, is this a preference or just based on restriction?
    That is, if you had enough space would you choose to display them properly or keep them storaged up in boxes?

Something like 99.9% of my collection is on display - so I just rounded it off to 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I don't really 'get' displaying toys - I don't quite understand why people do it,
    I personally don't get why people spend bucket loads of money on toys just to keep them in storage.

The reason why I display my collection is to make them quick and easy to access for play. Say for example I want to assemble a team of Autobots comprised of say G1 Warpath, G2 Manta Ray, Machine Wars Hubcap, Car Robot Super Red Alert, Armada Silverbolt and Drift verses and Decepticon team comprised of say G1 Buzzsaw, G2 Hooligan, RiD Sky Byte, Micron Legend Shockwave, Darth Vader/TIE Advanced and ROTF Bludgeon; if I had most of these toys in storage (most likely in separate boxes according to series and/or faction) it would take be ages to unpack and find these toys before I'm reading to lie down and start playing!

Finding spare time to play with my toys alone is hard enough... I don't wanna waste it by having to look for and unpack them. Then after I'm finished, I would have to repack them again (and probably in alt mode too). (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    particularly since it would mean that random visitors to the house might think I'm some sort of strange deviant or - possibly worse - have kids of their own and think it's all right to give them... say... e-Hobby Orion Pax to play with.
    All my friends are cool with my collection. Then again, most of my friends are nerds. My wife's friends aren't nerds though, but they don't particularly complain about it -- most of them think it's cool. And I've never had a problem with other parents giving any of my toys to their kids to play with. Who would do that?? (o_O) Especially they see the toys in a collection room; everyone knows it's a collection and not a random assortment of toys in a toy box.

And besides, because I own gun Transformers, my Transformer room is always locked when I'm not home anyway. So nobody's ever in there without me. My wife has a copy of the key to the room, but she only unlocks it to either put in freshly cleaned TF clothes from the laundry or if I've left a Transformer toy or comic book outside the room -- she'll unlock it, put it inside, then lock it up again.

Not even my own kid is allowed in there without my permission, let alone someone else's!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Not even my own kid is allowed in there without my permission, let alone someone else's!
    That's like having a all you can eat spit roast and BBQ or an open air butcher, next to a lion cage!!

honestly though when I am eventually blessed with a child or two, they will also not be allowed to touch daddy's collection.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

I personally don't get why people spend bucket loads of money on toys just to keep them in storage.
    My reason and also I think for many others is limited space.