Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Last 5 Generations toys - update

It seems as though quite a few Kmart's do have them but have taken them off the shelves as soon as they realise they don't scan. One person at Kmart said that they have had them for about 3 weeks.

The difficult part is that because they don't scan, they would be unable to tell you if they have any in stock because they're not listed on their computers.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

When I got my Warpath at K-Mart it didn't scan. The checkout had to ask for someone else to check for correct pricing. I told them there was a whole row of them out already. A senior staff member came back and said: "Just let him have it for $15 - under Miscellaneous items."

I ended up getting Warpath + Thundercracker for $15 each because of this

I guess K-Mart is lumping in this last wave of figures with the DOTM figures without properly determining the correct scan code.

Quote Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
    When I got my Warpath at K-Mart it didn't scan. The checkout had to ask for someone else to check for correct pricing. I told them there was a whole row of them out already. A senior staff member came back and said: "Just let him have it for $15 - under Miscellaneous items."

I ended up getting Warpath + Thundercracker for $15 each because of this

I guess K-Mart is lumping in this last wave of figures with the DOTM figures without properly determining the correct scan code.
    Wow dude now that is a score where from again????

A senior staff member came back and said: "Just let him have it for $15 - under Miscellaneous items."
    Score! If that was me, I would have turned around and grabbed their entire lot of stock.

Each figure has its own barcode, and the way coles group works is head office inputs the barcodes into the system.

Often they only enter 1 out of the box of (say for example) 4 and gotta wait for a complaint to come back from store.

It's not fixable at store level, so don't try complaining about it there.

To group them all together, and reorder, they often make a general code to group all the different barcodes under. Seeming these are the last delivery, someone must have skipped a step somewhere and they fell through the cracks.

My Kmart has another barcode stuck over the original:

Which on closer examination belongs to Skullgrin.

Based on the full price (after being on clearance before), and not being in the system, it looks like Hasbro must have convinced Kmart to buy back into the Generations line after they had removed it as a product line from their inventory systems.

I've seen them use temporary barcodes before, when something new from an existing assortment wasn't in their system... so at least they can sell them without a hassle now.

I think one of the unfortunate side effects is that when I show an employee the price tag to scan and check for stock, these figures likely aren't correlated to that. Thus, only a manual check will suffice.