Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Nathan, Transfan

Call me being picky about the social experiment thing. My degree always makes me instantly discount things like Big Brother or other so called reality TV shows because there are a lot of faults with the methods.

Of course, thats why I don't give the definition of social experiment to Big Brother. It's entertainment. Watching people live in a house is very fly on the wall which heaps of people wish they could do from time to time.

I don't care that Big Brother is on my TV mainly because I stopped watching network television around about the same time I realised I could obtain and watch scripted shows via other means before they even arrive in Aus. It's win win!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    You won't be watching Bumblebee???
    Well, i used to watch Bumblebee, but he got a restaining order out on me after he saw me spying on him in the car wash....

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Big Brother is one of the big reasons of why Australian TV has downgraded from being bad to being freaking awful. Because Ten had a big hit with it now everyone else wants a share of the reality crap.

I hate it and hate anyone who goes on it and walk away or give a dirty look to anyone that talks about watching it.

Its rating success and longevity makes me feel sad because it shows just how cultured the general public is.

Sorry if I offend the people who watch it but the above is exactly how I feel about the show and I make no apologies for that.
    Wot Kup said!

A fan is a fan no matter what he/she does.

Having said that, any show that would pay money to Corey (that lil asswipe, who shot to fame for holding a big party) to appear is not worth the air that we breathe. Its a crime to say the least and I don't understand why people still watch this rubbish.

And I managed to comment without saying B.... ooops almost said it hehe

Oh don't even get me started on Corey. Little *various insults of NSFW content* should be in jail for breaking the law and a public pariah for being so insanely stupid.

Or at least castrated. Seriously. Remove him from the gene pool. We'll be richer for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    If you think this is real, then you're not paying attention, this trash is so scripted and carefully controlled so far up its arse it's spewing writers out its mouth.
    I don't think it's real and I completely agree with the concept of control, but not from the perspective of scripting, but rather, clever editing. They completely control the context of every action.

Quote Originally Posted by shazam View Post
    Having said that, any show that would pay money to Corey (that lil asswipe, who shot to fame for holding a big party) to appear is not worth the air that we breathe. Its a crime to say the least and I don't understand why people still watch this rubbish.
    nod nod

See, my mind is of a very inquisitive nature and that's why I watch BB08.

I don't think these people are special.
    I know Ten manipulates content
    I don't barrack for any player
    I'm not impressed with the culture influence it might have or represent

I'm aware of all these shortcomings, but I'm fascinated with that can be learned and inferred from the format. Things like:

1. How can format be manipulated in order to completely reverse the context of a situation.
    2. What mix of people can be put together to create a desired effect.
    3. How is big media using television, advertising and sponsorship to deliver messages.

To me, Big Brother is almost like American football, in that it has nearly nothing to do with the player, but rather, two coaches on the field playing a style of Chess with real life people. To me, the producers of this show are doing something very similar. No, I don't find it wholehearted. I think they prey on cast and audience alike. But yet, I find this reveals countless aspects of human nature that I personally love to analyze.

jaydisc, I think I can understand where you are coming from...

I think if someone can stay neutral about things i.e. neither feel particular hate or particular like towards something then they can watch it and not be deterred because of their strong feelings about a certain aspect of the show. Get past your preconceptions or opinions on something and like jaydisc, I am sure others can enjoy it too.

how good was superbowl this year, so much drama
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

How did this topic go from wondering whether or not a TF person should be invited here... to discussing that poor excuse for a show?

If that's the case, then shouldn't this be moved to the non-TF section?