Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting TF Fans you don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I noticed another guy checking out the TFs as well. On one upper shelf, I saw that some Alternators were on sale, so I said to the guy "Hey, the prices for those alternators are not bad if you haven't got them and are interested."

He gave me one of those "You-don't-know-anything-noob" looks, and said "I only collect Binaltech."

I said "OK", but mentally I was like "Gee, no offence intended!" :0
    Sounds like one of these:

SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Well Griff and I are allways organising meetups in Brissie but the Queenslanders just can't be bothered!

I met Maxiewolf on the train, she had a bag full of TFs...

fatbot approach me on the station, asking what was in the box I was carrying, which was marked Takara. The look on his face when I told him it contained three BT Mirages was priceless.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

only other fans that i have met are the melbourne guys, and maybe some random fans that have been fans of the newer stuff and when told about the older stuff just say thats not transformers.

I saw Paulbot once at Foundain Gate before the my first meblourne meet.

I saw IHEC once at Highpoint before the Melbourne meet

I was very surpirsed to learn that Jaydisc was Amercian (because of prior contact on phone) and that he lives 10 mins away from my ex-girlfriends friend's house.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    Well Griff and I are allways organising meetups in Brissie but the Queenslanders just can't be bothered!
    Southside blows. Meet at Strathpine/northlakes/chermside and I might turn up to scare you.
    ________
    Chrysler Iv-2220 History
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    I saw Paulbot once at Foundain Gate before the my first meblourne meet.

I saw IHEC once at Highpoint before the Melbourne meet

I was very surpirsed to learn that Jaydisc was Amercian (because of prior contact on phone) and that he lives 10 mins away from my ex-girlfriends friend's house.
    haha bread..u seems to be everywhere...

MY meeting well with other TF fans is somewhat of a different twist. I know them but I didn't know they were into TFs. Well I was pleasantly surprised to find that there is another collector in my workplace, also a Filipino and a She at that. Apparently she collects only the figures she likes - Masterpiece prime, G1 Legends, TFM BB- Supreme size to name a few (she told me). It all started when I was just doodling some drawings of TFs (chibi style ) while I was bored at work and some co0 worker apparently noticed and it got passed on in the workplace that I am a TF fan, and then all these people that I just say hi , hello and that's it, everyday started approaching me and says they're fans too, or a collector once and now they just ask me trivias and anything about the vast TFs lore . Some of em had passed their stuff on to their nephews and kids, except for thecollector I mentioned above. BUT, ever since the movie came out a lot of em have been professing their love of TFs and always share their stories of passed years collecting before , etc. Some have been asking me as well where they can get a certain figure (usually/mostly G1s) . Ive given off info to all of em to join OTCA, but so far I don't think anyone has signed up, oh well. Oh and I work in a hospital BTW.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I met an old fella (about mid 50's) in the toys shelves (the story isn't going like THAT ok so stay tuned) and we got chatting about TFs.

I mentioned that I was suprised at his age and therefore was unlikely to be into the characters and the cartoon. He said he appreciated the design aspects of them as figures and then proceeded to wow me with the most incedible collection in the world. Mainly because I was testing him with some of the rarer and not so well known in english speaking countries (Victory Saber, Star COnvoy etc etc.) TF names and he seemed to have them all apparently. Then a Japanese student showed up (he was doing a home stay with the guy), I did a brief intro and chat to him in Japanese, scaring him slightly, evidently he hadn't come across many Jap sepaking aussies. He was kind enough, but his face said that he thought the "toy" hobby was a little strange.

He then mentioned that he was going to sell them in the Sunday Times and I should keep an eye out for it.

Being the kind of no bulltwang kind of guy I am, I felt the need to mention that I thought the Sunday times (or as I call it Sunday Slimes) is a complete rag not worthy to wipe my bottom and I wouldn't waste $1.50 to buy it, so it would be better for him to list them on ebay or another paper.

Never heard anything about the sale, but I sure would have liked to have a look at his.....

collection....

Nice enough guy though.

Usually my experiences are helping people who don't know the child in question very well choose toys. I once helped a woman decide which Lord of the rings toys to buy a kid as there were no TFs around (which is usually my first choice ).
    Often started by them asking me to get something off the top shelf.

A curse of being taller than people. Know where I am coming from ey tall-ys?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    A curse of being taller than people. Know where I am coming from ey tall-ys?
    yep quite often in fact.....
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------