Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting TF Fans you don't know

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    BUT, ever since the movie came out a lot of em have been professing their love of TFs and always share their stories of passed years collecting before , etc. Some have been asking me as well where they can get a certain figure (usually/mostly G1s) . Ive given off info to all of em to join OTCA, but so far I don't think anyone has signed up, oh well. Oh and I work in a hospital BTW.
    Sounds like they're all jumping on the bandwagon (Was there ever a TF/Gobot bandwagon in '84?)

I'd just finished a derivatives mid semester test, and I was with a bunch of people crowded around outside talking about it, when this guy asks me if I'm into TFs. That dude turned out to be STL, and it was after that when I started frequenting this board again (I originally joined in 05/06-ish)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had any memorable experiences to share regarding encounters with TF fans they don't know?

Note: The experience can be good, bad, or neither - just whatever comes to mind. I clicked a radio button by accident and the thread title has a sad face icon that is misleading.

Back when Cybertron Optimus Prime had just come out, I went to a Sydney Toys 'R' Us store one day and looked through their TF stock.

I noticed another guy checking out the TFs as well. On one upper shelf, I saw that some Alternators were on sale, so I said to the guy "Hey, the prices for those alternators are not bad if you haven't got them and are interested."

He gave me one of those "You-don't-know-anything-noob" looks, and said "I only collect Binaltech."

I said "OK", but mentally I was like "Gee, no offence intended!" :0
    For some reason that story gives me deja vu.......

i always wondered if toy collectors are more friendly than comic collectors...
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    He then mentioned that he was going to sell them in the Sunday Times and I should keep an eye out for it.
    "What? No, wait! Dude! - let me make a phone call to a couple of people I know...!"

We could have had our own little bidding war.

I met one a few days back at TRU Northland. He wasn't too communicative. I could tell he wasn't entirely comfortable with talking about his collecting. He kind of uhm and ahhed about referring to collection except for one part where he actualy was quite assertive in saying he had a sizeable collection (ie. he's proud of what he has). I didn't want to press him so we went our separate ways though I did signpost i was heading over to K-Mart and Myer.

Guess, some fans just aren't comfortable and I can perfectly respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post

Guess, some fans just aren't comfortable t.
    the weak must be purged

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I met one a few days back at TRU Northland. He wasn't too communicative. I could tell he wasn't entirely comfortable with talking about his collecting. He kind of uhm and ahhed about referring to collection except for one part where he actualy was quite assertive in saying he had a sizeable collection (ie. he's proud of what he has). I didn't want to press him so we went our separate ways though I did signpost i was heading over to K-Mart and Myer.

Guess, some fans just aren't comfortable and I can perfectly respect that.

you probably smelled funny that or he thought youd stalk and rob him

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    you probably smelled funny that or he thought youd stalk and rob him
    The former I categorically reject. The latter I think could have been a distinct possibility.

Some guy at TRU at Chadstone was looking at the tube deluxes of barricade $25. I kindly told him Target was selling for $19.95 on sale with lots left and he seemed frightened and slowly edged away...

oh well that's what I get for trying to help out fellow Transfans...