View Poll Results: DotM Voyager Ironhide - worth buying?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 25.00%
  • Only if cheap

6 37.50%
  • Only if (something else)

2 12.50%
  • No

1 6.25%
  • Not interested

3 18.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - DotM Voyager Ironhide

I must say, this Voyager is damn fine!

This is my 1st Iron Hide, and couldn't be happier

I think the transformation is very awesome, my only gripe is the MechTech weapon looks a little 'odd' when in SUV mode.

The detail applied to his head sculpt is amazing!

I think the Deluxe and Leader class versions are better than this one. On this figure, the legs are too long and lanky, while the design of the shoulder joints looks a mess. I thought that the inner-chest transformation (akin to automorph engineering) was interesting, but removes some of the play-value if the toy does some of the work for you (the issue I had with the TF1 automorph gimmick and the Alternitys).

As for the mechtech weapon, you'd think that Ironhide would be one that they could produce an over-sized weapon and make it look right... but this one just looks too weird, and doesn't split in two to at least become his two arm-cannons.
    Only buy this one if you can't get the Deluxe version, or Leader version if you wanted to splash out.
    (the only reason for buying this would be to have an in-scale version with Deluxe sized Bumblebee, Jazz, Sideswipe and Ratchet)