Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne's accommodation?

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    take a fedora hat and trench coat if you want to fit in with the locals
    m...... thats not really my style..

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    if I didn't have any relatives in Melb, I would use www.wotif.com, I'm a great believer in their service.
    Hey thanks~!! So far i m still comparing rates and will make up my mind this week.

Phillip Island is great for penguins and sightseeing but yeah u need a tour bus for that. There's also the Great Ocean Rd and more specifically the 12 Apostles (orwhat's left of them)

The days and nights are very cold and the days themselves can be quite frosty despite the sunlight being out. There's always a chilly wind and as I've noted this year is particularly colder (or I'm just getting older)

If by night activities you mean nightlife, plenty of it Melbourne or Fitzroy street in St Kilda. If you mean nice sites, my favourites are

- a walk along w/ the Yarra (w/ the missus of course),
    - sitting down at Docklands pier looking towards the bridge I can't quite remember but it's pretty obvious since there's only 1
    - in Richmond there's the Scenic drive which is quite nice for a view at night

As for time, the tours mentioned will at the very least be day trips. To get around to most places you'll need a week and a half. I'm not so sure about the shopping aspect of it though. It's pretty much the same anywhere

to get cheap tours, there's a shop on swanston st, after collins and before little colins (on the side of the theatre). the only thing is that you have to get tickets the day before the trip...i'll try to find the name of the shop again...

STL: I would like to get prepare for both night life and night site~ though is impossible to enjoy that much (i m those who need lots of sleep....)

Iceburn: um...can i have a quote of day trips? Mainly to Philip island. Just want to prepare the budgets. And thanks for the advice of having discounted trips

keep trying minimize the budget therefore won't huge impact on my tf list

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    Iceburn: um...can i have a quote of day trips? Mainly to Philip island. Just want to prepare the budgets. And thanks for the advice of having discounted trips
    I'll go check it out later tonight, do hope they are still open late as i have a LAN gaming appt after working hours.
    Price is definitely cheaper than most agency provides.

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    I'll go check it out later tonight, do hope they are still open late as i have a LAN gaming appt after working hours.
    Price is definitely cheaper than most agency provides.
    um...thanks, i'll be waiting for the price

oopsy..forgot totally about it.
    will pop down Swanston street soon for you.

cheers...
    Last edited by iceburn; 20th May 2008 at 11:58 AM.

no worries, i still have few weeeeeks to plan.

Whats up with Dandenong Ranges?
    You could go to Belgrave station which is a public station and then wait for the 'puffing billy' ride shich is a small train that goes around the Dandeong ranges

Anyone been to see penguin
    It is quite expensive , but you can go in the day and watch sleeping penguins.

Any place good to go at night?
    CBD is great, Carlton is a good place to eat
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

I highly recommend seeing the penguins, but at this time of year you'll want to be wearing thermal ebverything and about 18 other layers of clothing. I drove myself down to Melbourne, so I cant say much for the buses or tours. If you do manage to get a car or whatever, Philip Island has a great Putt Putt place in Cowes...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)