Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New JayJays Clothing and competitions

Default New JayJays Clothing and competitions

Thanks to an email from JayJays, we have info on two new competitions from them, and heaps more Transformers clothing in stores soon.

The new product line should start to hit stores by the end of next week.

The first competition is on their Facebook page, called 'money can't buy' prizes, with TF3 ipod projectors (and maybe some other prizes later, but
    keep checking their Facebook page for updates).

They are also doing a window/in-store promo as well starting 22nd June.
    Major prize - you and 10 friends to see DotM at a Gold Class theatre.
    3 Runner up prizes - a set of 3 of the DotM Coins from Perth Mint.
    25 Minor prizes - a copy of the DotM game on preferred format between Xbox and PS3.

To enter - in 25 words or less, which Transformer would you want to have save you if the world was attacked. Entries close July 3rd.

The hoodies will be at select stores, and all should be available online.

The T-shirts should be everywhere.
    The black t-shirt on the top right hand corner has a 3D lenticular print that changes from an Autobot to a Decepticon .

would love to enter the comp but have to wait til June 22! argh!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

How about some apparel featuring other movie cast. I'm sick of Optimus and Bumblebee shirts. Get us some Wreckers gear.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

They are limited by what images Hasbro gives them to use. (which is why we don't see much licensed material aimed at committed fans - images from hasbro are very mainstream)

Not much appeal for me to buy any of that stuff. But still cool that there is more stuff coming out anyway.

the one with the glasses is bought as soon as i see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    How about some apparel featuring other movie cast. I'm sick of Optimus and Bumblebee shirts. Get us some Wreckers gear.
    As griffin said, it's not Jayjay's fault. I wish Hasbro would be more liberal with what characters they allow to their licensees... everything they allow is just so... Gee Wun... (-_-) But I guess Hasbro is appealing to the lowest common denominator (i.e. the general public) and not necessarily toward fans.

But Jayjays has been pretty cool with fans. Their T-shirt with Devastator and the caption "Prepare for Extermination!" was made based on a suggestion from Paulbot.

But most of this stuff is sold to normal people, and Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are who they recognise and like. Normal people genuinely like Bumblebee.

No offence intended, but saying the Transformers, a mass appeal, children's toy and blockbuster film franchise is pandering to public (and referring to them as "the lowest common denominator") is a bit too negative and makes you sound elitist, I think.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I understand I was just having a fanboy whinge that's all
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

FFN: Hey, I can't help it if non-TFers are Primusless heathens. Anyway, I didn't mean to say that appealing to Joe Public was necessarily a good or bad thing. Merely pointing out that this is why licensed apparel are all rooted in Gee Wun (or 'early G1' if you prefer). Having said that, I think there's surely a lot more early G1 characters that Hasbro could be allowing licensees to use that would appeal to the general public... like say Ratchet, Ironhide, Mirage, Wheeljack, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Laserbeak, Rumble, Frenzy, Cliffjumper -- these are all characters from the first year of Transformers that Hasbro could draw from. And there are plenty more from the 2nd and 3rd years that I think would hold general public appeal (e.g. Jetfire, the Triple Changers, Time Warrior, Superion, Menasor, Defensor, Bruticus, Shockwave, Drift, Insecticons etc.)

Even with the Wreckers... Joe Average may not recognise the Jumpstarters, but they'd surely recognise Inferno, Springer and other members who appeared in the G1 cartoon. I'm not saying that we should have a shirt with Roadbuster on his lonesome sitting there, but I'm sure in a group with all the other Wreckers it could work.

Hey, do you think if I printed off my own shirt with this image on it...

...and wear it around, any non TF-fans would get it? </rhetorical.question>