View Poll Results: Transformers Vault - worth buying?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 96.97%
  • Only if cheap

1 3.03%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Vault (book) reviews & comments

Yeah, for that price you do get a lot of bang for your buck. I agree that it lacks depth from a fan's POV - but I guess we're not the real target demographic for this book. I think it's more for people with a casual interest in Transformers as a coffee table book, and in that regard it's chock-full of information from a mundaner's POV.

If you seriously want something more in-depth for fans, and if you can read Japanese, I'd recommend getting either Transformers Generations and Transformers Generations Deluxe. There are similar publications in English, but I don't own them so I can't really comment.

Trivia: The author, Pablo Hidalgo, is a fan of the wiki
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Default VAULT

Hello, had a quick look over the pages and didn't see any pictures of the other VAULT book going around so I thought I'd post some pictures of mine.

Front:

Back:

Case/Book:

Front of Book:

Back of Book:

I found this book in Melbourne, in a store called Minotaur.

that version is also selling in Geelong CBD at gifts for the geek. not the target AUS version. said $40 i believe.

Hrm, maybe I need the non Target version of it. That's pretty gorgeous
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Darthprimus View Post
    that version is also selling in Geelong CBD at gifts for the geek. not the target AUS version. said $40 i believe.
    Dammit!!! That is closer to where I live AND cheaper than what I got it for. I guess it does pay to shop around!

Thanks for the pics... it is interesting to see the differences (and also puzzling as to why there are two versions).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Thanks for the pics... it is interesting to see the differences (and also puzzling as to why there are two versions).
    Seems there is a US/UK version (the blue prime and Megatron cover) and an Australian variant (witht he faction logos). Perhaps it is because of different publishers?
    I ordered mine online since no local targets were carrying it, so I should get the same version as Banno. When I do I'll post up the publishers details,a nd if someone who has the target version can do the same we can see if they are different.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Seems there is a US/UK version (the blue prime and Megatron cover) and an Australian variant (witht he faction logos). Perhaps it is because of different publishers?
    I ordered mine online since no local targets were carrying it, so I should get the same version as Banno. When I do I'll post up the publishers details,a nd if someone who has the target version can do the same we can see if they are different.
    I have both and from memory, they are different. I'd have to check when I am home though.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Well that version that I have is published by Abrams! Now all we need is someone with the target version to let us know who published that.