View Poll Results: Transformers Vault - worth buying?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 96.97%
  • Only if cheap

1 3.03%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Transformers Vault (book) reviews & comments

Ice Water Press, which is a Melbourne based company (printed in China though... probably at the same place as the US/UK version).
    Still seems odd though that they felt it needed a different cover. But I'm glad they didn't appear to change anything else, or gut any of the features (hopefully), including the Hard Cover.

As annoying as it is, I'm considering buying the Target version too, so I have both! Luckily it isn't selling for as much.

I picked this up last week, I was so excited when I spotted it at my local Target. $29 is a great price for a large, hardcover book. I've certainly paid at lot more for books this nice.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Bought one from Blacktown target today. Had a browse through it as I was on the train afterwards and was getting a headache trying to read the foreword; but flicking through the book, it seems to be targetting the 'general Joe average' audience and assuming that people know nothing about Transformers. Which is fair enough, but I think for fans like me, it doesn't really tell me much that I didn't know before. The only new thing I learned from it was the "Blaster" prototype for Microman that would basically be Soundwave as a radiocassette player (instead of a walkman).

The Easter Eggs are nice. Overall I'm quite happy with the book, it's a neat reference book, but I think people who are less Transformers savvy might get more out if it (as they would be the target audience anyway). So I'd highly recommend it for people with a relatively lesser knowledge of TF history and lore, just to get you up to speed... but for the rest of us: well, the book isn't shrink wrapped, so feel free to browse through it before making a final purchase decision.

It's a good book to show to Heathens non-transfans when they come around.
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the book as well. I'm too die-hard fanatic to learn much new, but it's nicely presented. I think it's the book you give someone who remembers the G1 cartoon and the Michael Bay films and get them to read it so they can appreciate how more, much more, there is to the franchise.

Well I gave one away to TFPH for a raffle, while they were scanning it ( it wasnt released yet in Phils - not sure if they'll get a release there) most of the members and some passersby (not all were TF fans) who saw it in the Toycon had nothing but positive remarks and questions of - where can i get one? So it is a very good book and a good bargain for that price, Im thinking of getting a few more and give em away as gifts when I come back in two years time. Makes a nice coffee table book.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Antipathic Guest

asdf;;

I know this is like...a month since the last post here (sorry!) but I was wondering if this book can still be found in Targets around Sydney?

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathic View Post
    asdf;;

I know this is like...a month since the last post here (sorry!) but I was wondering if this book can still be found in Targets around Sydney?
    Not so sure, you might still find it in some Targets as it wasn't usually displayed quite well - as in hard to locate among the shelves. You might chance upon one still, you never know.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

A good mate of mine's missus got him this for his birthday. I had a leaf through and it's quite a nice piece.

I don't think he'll appreciate it much, he's more a Star Wars man but then I suppose as a gift it was just filler after the Taylor Swift signed picture she got him.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathic View Post
    asdf;;

I could be mistaken, but I think the Target at Castle Hill still had a few copies left last week ($29), I didn't get to look to see if they were still there yesterday