Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toys'R'Us 20% Off Coupon ( 11-13 June )

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    You can certainly try - when I got to the registers, the girl was puzzled as to why the duiscount didn't apply and was going to manually override it, but then contacted another operator who also told her to manually override it. Then her supervisor walked by, checked the item on the system to see if it was full priced, then checked the catalogue to see if it was advertised. After confirming it was in the catalogue, she told the regi op that it "couldn't be used inconjunction with any other offer" as stipulated on the coupon.
    When she scanned the coupon it didnt work. I said this is a full priced item. She checked catalogue and then did a manual override.

Got my $6 discount
    I'm walking away from Transformers. Check out my sales thread

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...089#post314089

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    When she scanned the coupon it didnt work. I said this is a full priced item. She checked catalogue and then did a manual override.

Got my $6 discount
    Well, glad it worked for someone. I still got my discount in the end even if I had to do it the hard way.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Good to see everything worked out.

I think it is strange to exclude full priced items in the catalogue unless they think they will sell out!

The word 'Offer' can be construed as anything. Heck a wide interpretation of 'Offer' can also mean TRU the offering to sell their stock in the shop
    I'm walking away from Transformers. Check out my sales thread

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...089#post314089

It's probably just a computer thing, in which everything in the current catalogue is automatically excluded in case it is a sale price.
    It could also be like a Movie 'no free list', in which TRU didn't want to discount all of the DotM toys at this time (or any other new, non-discount item being promoted in the current catalogue).