Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My own BotCon Panel write-ups

Default My own BotCon Panel write-ups

As with previous years, it takes a while for me to process the hundreds of photos I took and set out the structure for the entire report... but now that the hard part is mostly done, it is starting to be uploaded a page at a time.
    This is the easy part now that most of the photos are already on my server.
    I record as much as I can of each panel, so people following the global fansites might even find info or pics that were not posted anywhere else.

The main page/index is here:
    http://www.toycollectors.com.au/bc11/bc11intro.html

So far done is
    - IDW comics
    - Hasbro toys
    - Activision DotM game
    - Collector Club
    - Collector Club Magazine
    - Hasbro Future Projects

Next up should be the TF:Prime panel, the Hasbro toy display, the Art display, and then the remaining TFs related pages. After that will be my non-TFs pages that document my entire trip (most of which was posted up in the creative section of this board).
    I will post here when more pages are completed and uploaded.

Nice way to spend the long weekend Griff!

I can spend the next few recesses and lunches inside reading them while the kids play inside.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I go back to work tomorrow... so I have to get as much done by then or else it'll be slow progress after that.

The TF:Prime panel write-up is now uploaded.
    Last edited by griffin; 14th June 2011 at 12:05 AM.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Great stuff Griffin! Thanks for writing this up

Griffin's writeups always make for interesting reading, and there is usually
    New info that either didn't get fully reported or that I have missed in the glut of different announcements. Not QUITE the same as being there but the next best thing

Just read the IDW report
    ---aargh, they killed Optimus, you bastards!
    Last edited by reillyd; 14th June 2011 at 12:03 PM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Just did up the Collector Club Magazine panel... which I had mistakenly included as one done yesterday.
    I think there will be one interesting bit of info in there for fans of Gen1 Season 5...

I also added a rant on the intro page (in the 'Bad' section) about the HoF/Erector issue... hopefully that's the last people will hear about that from me.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Just read the IDW report
    ---aargh, they killed Optimus, you bastards!
    Don't worry, he will be back!

Interesting read there Griffin. I do find you fascination with those hamburgers quite... erm... morbid. That Baconater looks like a a double bypass in one bite!

I think Funpub are happy with the way they run things (sadly). Just the level pf 'professionalism' or lack thereof in things in the Magazine and such like gives me a terribly amatuerish feel to the whole club at times.

The feel of it is, still, after all these years, that they are just GIJoe fans trying to do a Transformers Club and Convention. And since we are their bigger membership group (and probably money-maker), they won't let go of that license in a hurry.
    From the Magazine to the way they promote the TFs convention... right down to the staff running the Club Store at BotCon (try buying a specific 'retail' Transformers toy that they may or may not have, and you are there for 10 minutes describing it like you would to a Kmart employee over the phone). That sort of frustration makes it obvious that Transformers isn't their 'first language', and they are still muddling their way through after 7 years of doing it.

A very interesting read as usual griffin. Thanks!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Lovely reports as always. Reading your write-ups is the next best thing to being there (until I can go there one day). Would love to taste the Baconator. Looking forward to the rest of the write-ups. Thanks griffin.