View Poll Results: DotM Leader Ironhide - worth buying?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 53.33%
  • Only if cheap

8 26.67%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

2 6.67%
  • Not interested

4 13.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - DotM Leader Ironhide

Completely agree with your two criticisms. I forgot to mention the forearm kibble. I was furious with it at first, before I realized there were two elbow rotator cuffs, one immediately below and one immediately above, making it pretty easy to get out of the way.

I find the lack of wrist articulation to be a glaring omission. There doesn't seen to be any structural need for it, so I assume it's cost cutting. It makes awesome knife poses difficult.

Lastly, the ball joints holding in the front corners of the alt mode/chest are hopeless. I've learned to compensate by holding the balls in place when I transform that part, but it really should be better.

All agreed.

The only quibble I'd add quickly is the back view of him. It's awfully static around the back with the kibble not folding/compressing.

One of the other highlights if this figure is also the deco and detail on the grill and front headlights. Really adds personality and detail in robot mode as well. Hasbro have outdone themselves there too.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I should add to my earlier post that I returned my first one and the replacement has good shoulder joints and both leg compartments close properly, so that shows those problems were isolated QC issues.

Yes i will buy him but i still find him boring for some reason.

Ironhide looks great in robot mode. My first thought was to straighten the legs but they don't. There's a real nice solid weight to him, but some of the flaps for his hidden weapons are a little loose, but those hidden weapons make up for it.

Transforming is on the simpler scale for a leader, but not too simple. And it's not at all frustrating like the (in my opinion but know not shared) original voyager version.

A little too much leg is visible in vehicle mode (and don't turn him over!) but other than that its a very nice truck and the hidden weapons and their reveal mechanism are very well integrated.

I had one but returned it. The ratchet joint in the hip did not work so his left leg was flopping around. But I did like the figure and will pick up a new one soon. Hope it will be better

To fill in the couple missing details:
    Approximate Size - 24cm
    Main Accessories - Missile, missile launcher, dagger. (no detachable Mechtech weapon - no Mechtech weapon at all?)
    Not sure if any of the flip-out weapons count as a Mechtech weapon... unless the entire forearms are the Mechtech weapon (which is really part of the robot, not an accessory/weapon). The packaging appears to suggest that the chest cannon is the Mechtech weapon for this figure (based on where the Mechtech logo is placed on other cardbacks and boxes).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Main Accessories - Missile, dagger. (no detachable Mechtech weapon - no Mechtech weapon at all?)
    Not sure if any of the flip-out weapons count as a Mechtech weapon... unless the entire forearms are the Mechtech weapon (which is really part of the robot, not an accessory/weapon). The packaging appears to suggest that the chest cannon is the Mechtech weapon for this figure (based on where the Mechtech logo is placed on other cardbacks and boxes).
    I read, but haven't confirmed this, that the missile launcher in the leg is removable.

I was meant to put that in because it was mentioned in Kaiden's review, and remembered after I sent the post - I musta been editing the post while you were replying.

I picked mine up today from Target where I had it on layby. I'm really undecided about keeping it because both ball joints at his shoulders that hold on the shoulder/truck bonnet parts are really pathetic and causing these parts to fall off all the time. I was excited for this figure, but I'm feeling quite disappointed now that I'm holding it in my hands. I think I prefer the DotM voyager Ironhide.