Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ozformers on Facebook

what happened to yukitora?

What do you mean?

her account is dead

I think there is meant to be a "generic" Australian Transformers Fans group on facebook now, as this one was using our name but not the rules that protected our public image.
    Some suggestions were made, and I've asked if the group be renamed to something generic/public, or set up a new group for all fans, which would later require the ozformers group to be closed up so that it doesn't compete with the 'public' group. I've been told that the Ozformers group was already closed up though, so hopefully that means the generic group was already instigated to minimise disruption. Can someone post the link here to the new group, for others to get onto it?

The group has not been renamed.

Clarification:
    1. Ozformers page has been restricted to "Admins" only now; public attempting to gain access will be redirected back to their facebook page.

I can't rename it (i think) especially the URL link which is fixed to www.facebook.com/ozformers

2. Ozformers Group Chat has now been set as "Closed" restricted only to members for posting; do we need to rename this group?

3. I've done a search but unable to locate any Australian Transformers group as yet. What is it called if there's one available?

I think there's some confusion here.

OzFormers started as a Facebook "Group". Group's have a chat feature, and this became a bit popular.

OzFormers also has a Facebook "Page". Pages are meant for entities, like artists, clubs, businesses and more. Facebook Pages do not have a chat function. The Page has reserved itself a nice URL that shouldn't be given up: http://www.facebook.com/ozformers. I don't think it hurts to have the Page, as it's just a page that can be "liked" by "fans" of "OTCA". There's no chat that would need to be moderated and if necessary, it can be set so only admins can post on the wall. This ensures that the OzFormers brand can live on Facebook untarnished, ready to be used by Griffin, when and how he sees fit.

I recommend you keep the Page, ditch the Group.

But what's wrong with the chat group if it is closed for ozformers only and if anyone is caught misbehaving they can be removed?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

The Page was closed up because it can't have it's name changed - but can the Group be renamed then, to something generic? Then it can be the responsibility of whomever 'owns' it.
    Facebook is a huge social concept at the moment, so I'd be wanting to have some sort of established AUS Transformers fans feature on there to cater for the partial & 'short lived' fans, plus act as a catalyst at getting the more committed fans to join up here.
    I did suggest having the new group set up before anything was done to the Ozformers one, to avoid disrupting the current users, but since it has already been closed up, can someone create a generic one as soon as possible (if one doesn't already exist)?
    Otherwise, I may need to sign up to Facebook just to see first-hand what it really is all about, and what we need to set up for all AUS TFs fans to be able to use, not just Ozformers members.