View Poll Results: TF3 : DotM Game - was it worth it?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 33.33%
  • Kinda, sorta, maybe...

3 50.00%
  • No

1 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Review - TF3 : DotM (spoilers?)

The absence of Escalation on this game will keep the interest in WFC alive until WFC2 next year.

I thought it might be good change to have a movie game that didn't just follow the plot of the movie, but after seeing the carnage in the movie, I'd rather play out that, than play out events in a prequel that probably cant do much with the iconic characters in the movie itself. I want to fly through the city as jetwing optimus and shoot and slice Decepticons.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I want to fly through the city as jetwing optimus and shoot and slice Decepticons.
    That's a lie Griff! You want to find out how Optimus got his trailer and do numerous search missions to gather weaponry for it. That, and building a spaceship with the wreckers, a few more fetch quests.

Also, you get to do the awesome mission of fixing up the pyramids and cleaning up dead 'con parts after ROTF.

Damn, I would be the worst game designer :P

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    That's a lie Griff! You want to find out how Optimus got his trailer and do numerous search missions to gather weaponry for it. That, and building a spaceship with the wreckers, a few more fetch quests.

Also, you get to do the awesome mission of fixing up the pyramids and cleaning up dead 'con parts after ROTF.

That could make a fun cute gameboy RPG, like a Zelda rip-off with Prime as link.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The absence of Escalation on this game will keep the interest in WFC alive until WFC2 next year.

I thought it might be good change to have a movie game that didn't just follow the plot of the movie, but after seeing the carnage in the movie, I'd rather play out that, than play out events in a prequel that probably cant do much with the iconic characters in the movie itself. I want to fly through the city as jetwing optimus and shoot and slice Decepticons.
    I agree. It's really only worth a rental, or $20 in th bargain bin in 12 months time...by which time no one will be playing the online anyways.

WFC has permanent 4X experience points too now IIRC, so hopefully that community will keep going till WFC2. Here's hoping we get to see some more big boss battles, like Devastator, Menasor, etc...

And have the chance for the two leaders to actually face off this time (which bugged me the most in WFC).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    WFC has permanent 4X experience points too now IIRC, so hopefully that community will keep going till WFC2. Here's hoping we get to see some more big boss battles, like Devastator, Menasor, etc...
    The WFC servers are still on? I've tried at least 10 times to get on over the past few weeks and not once have I been able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    The WFC servers are still on? I've tried at least 10 times to get on over the past few weeks and not once have I been able to.
    If you are on PS3 (IIRC you are) then you will need to log out of PSN and back in again after booting the game. It's annoying and hasn't been fixed with DOTM.

Yeah, what he said - when at the Escalation or Multiplayer screen and it tells you the server is unavailable, press the PS button to log out and log back into the PSNetwork. When you press to PS button again to go back to the game, it will proceed to the next menu after a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post

haha, you remind me of my friend who wanted to make an rpg that was "as real as possible" so when the main character caught a flight to japan you wouldnt be able to leave the plane untill 8 hours of gameplay have passed, and when exploring a forrest it could take days of walking in one direction to find your way out ... needless to say we didnt make said rpg

Ah, good to know. Still need to get that one last trophy - the Wave 15 one.