Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transcanning Bumblebee - A (shorter) Review

Default Transcanning Bumblebee - A (shorter) Review

I got my Transcanning Bumblebee in the other day and I have to say its better (not perfect) than TSOP.

Again, he comes with a core body, protoform parts and Earth mode parts. The core body is exactly the same as Optimus' except the grey plastic is a little darker and blue eyes (Optimus' eyes were orange). Protoform parts are the same too, except a yellow/orange combination instead of blue.

Earth mode.
    The earth mde for BB works better than Prime. Why? Because he can Transform!!! Hachaa! Although the robot mode is of course a bit kibbly, its manageable and can still make quite a variety of cool poses. It is very back heavy though. Its carries the "wings" look, although it is done with the fenders insetad of the doors. The Earth face isn't as well done as I would have liked. It looks a little bit off for some reason.

The car mode is pretty good. BB suffers slightly from the "falling off pieces syndrome" that Prime has, but not to the same extent. When transforming it for the first time, I only had one piece fall off and that was somewhere inside the car so I couldn't get to it. At least I can get it into car mode this time!

The colour difference betweent the roof, doors and rest of car is not as bad as it looks. It is really noticable in photos, but to the naked eye it sin't that bad. I must say that I am still a bit dissapointed that its there at all though. Just a touch on the sloppy side if you ask me.

Overall, a better toy than TSOP, but still not the best. Hopefully, if any further ones are done, they can improve more on the concept.

More pics of TSBB here.

Transscanning Op Review here

Interesting looking figure.

Glad to know that he is an improvement over Prime. Thanks for the info!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

So is he worth opening?

I mean I busted Prime out of the packaging, had a play with him and all that. Is there enough difference with BB to warrant opening him up to experiment with him or just consider him to be pretty much like Prime?

Hmmmm, good question that one. I would say yes, mainly to see a better version of the concept than Prime. However, since it is mainly just a assemble/reassemble sort of toy it is very similar. Plus the robot mode is not all that "Bumblebee" looking, but to actually have the thing change modes is good.

I think I would have preferred it better if Bumblebee was the one that couldn't transform and Prime could, because overall, I think Prime is more spectacular.

So in answer to your question, I think a very weak "yes."

is that the 2009 car mode?

Reminds me of the 80s Centurions toys - a core human that you could plug on armour and weapons depending on the mission.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

He looks heaps better than his Prime counterpart.

Maybe they practised on Prime & put all their refinement into BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Maybe they practised on Prime & put all their refinement into BB.
    That's why i'd like to see the concept continue (albeit one or two figures per line like they did here) as I believe there is potential for it to be something good.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Yep - Looks better than Prime!