Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: DOTM unanswered and answered questions (lots of spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Okay I heard that Skyhammer's alt mode makes an appearance in DOTM somewhere (don't know if this is actually true or a bad tfwiki entry), does he?
    Yeah, when they wanted to get in the city they used the choppers so they can "jump glide" their people in. Although as youve said it's just the alt mode... no bot mode shown on film.

oh and Michael Bay... paying an editor?!? Nah, the whole movie would've been snipped out
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Skyhammer is an attack helicopter. The planes they used to para-glide into the city were used for the 'Incinerator' toy.
    I don't recall the attack helicopter, unless it was inside the NEST base that Sentinel destroyed.

So... it the film itself, how did Optimus, Ratchet and Roller/Ratchet's Lunar Crawler get to the moon?

Also, I've been thinking, is the film about the dark of the moon or the far side of the moon? Because they're not the same thing - the far side of the moon is a constant, the dark is not. The French title of the film is La Face Cachée de la Lune (The Far Side Of The Moon), while the English is Dark Of The Moon. Which is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    So... it the film itself, how did Optimus, Ratchet and Roller/Ratchet's Lunar Crawler get to the moon?
    They took the Xantium. It was the first time the ship was mentioned and IIRC seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    They took the Xantium. It was the first time the ship was mentioned and IIRC seen.
    So they flew a massive spaceship to the moon, but it went sufficiently unnoticed that even Sam thought the Autobots had no way of leaving Earth just a few scenes later?

Sam was off doing his job stuff and had been kept out of the NEST loop. They wouldn't even let him in the door remember. Once Prime ranted about being kept in the dark about the Ark's crash landing he said something like "we'll take our ship" and I'm sure there was a shot of it flying to the moon, followed by the bots strolling along the moon. Where that ship came from wasn't explained until Sam was introduced to it. (which is a little sloppy)

That was a funny thing in the movie - they fly to the moon in their 'Autobot-NASA hybrid' ship to get Sentinel (which they show flying in space), and then later we have the "big reveal" of the ship to the audience as if it wasn't used already.

Not sure about the lunar rovers though (there were two of them), as the Autobots didn't need them... and it wasn't a human exploration mission. They looked nice, with the Lunar Module in-shot, but both don't make any sense being there.

I assumed those were NEST/US Gov vehicles sent along to send visuals back to Earth so they could watch what the Autobots were doing.

And so the Xantium then... when exactly did it come to Earth and who were its passengers? Was it just Dino, Que, Brains and the Wreckers?

The Wreckers built it but i'm not sure if they built it on Earth (my guess is yes) or if they arrived on it.