Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: iGear PP05

Quote Originally Posted by mentok27 View Post
    oh yeah..... just decided im gonna skip Ironhide/Ratchet for now and aim for impactor, if he really wow's me ill pick the other 2 up later(hopefully).
    Yeah, My Jury is still out till we see painted pics. but Impactor should be a definite (unless they jack the price up even more!!!!!!). Alas if these guys are only coming out at the end of the year he must be a long way off.

hahaha...
    you guys are all upset about the scale...
    i'm sure that if people can offer a shrunken MP-01, then a masterpiece scaled voyager is only a click of a button away. the design details are certainly there for an upscaling if they wanted to.

110USD shipped price is also not too bad (even for a deluxe/voyager) given all the accessories that it comes with and MGT-01 arcee (with some small diecast and 2 tiny guns) is being sold for 109.2USD. the tragic part is that the price for these figures are going to get even cheaper for us each day as the USD tanks it!!

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    hahaha...
    you guys are all upset about the scale...
    i'm sure that if people can offer a shrunken MP-01, then a masterpiece scaled voyager is only a click of a button away. the design details are certainly there for an upscaling if they wanted to.

110USD shipped price is also not too bad (even for a deluxe/voyager) given all the accessories that it comes with and MGT-01 arcee (with some small diecast and 2 tiny guns) is being sold for 109.2USD. the tragic part is that the price for these figures are going to get even cheaper for us each day as the USD tanks it!!
    $1AU = $1.10US currently >_>

It's a lot @ $110 each. I realise their production costs are probably pretty high not producing millions of these but there has to be a limit out there to the number of collectors who can fork over $100 every month on top of their regular collecting expenses.

aside from that, I think these look really awesome, I am saddened that HasTak aren't coming up with designs like this.
    I also think that the esgraver looks incredible, but for around $700 for the set when including postage, I just can't fork out that sort of money.

I do have a lottery ticket though...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    It's a lot @ $110 each. I realise their production costs are probably pretty high not producing millions of these but there has to be a limit out there to the number of collectors who can fork over $100 every month on top of their regular collecting expenses.

aside from that, I think these look really awesome, I am saddened that HasTak aren't coming up with designs like this.
    I also think that the esgraver looks incredible, but for around $700 for the set when including postage, I just can't fork out that sort of money.

I do have a lottery ticket though...
    certainly does seem like theres more Wants on the way than ive had in a long while but i dont see how you can say TFC hercules is $700 when Robot kingdom has 1/6th of it listed as $77.90 and i just orderd it and 4 other things which ended up with a combined postage of $37, so $7.40 per item.... factor in conversion to AUD and your looking at $80 for 1/6th..... $480aud for the whole thing.

course thats based on a variety of factors that are fairly fluid but the general idea im getting at is Hercules will not cost $700 if you do it right.
    WANTS
    BotCon Dreadwind. Classics Mirage.[B]

Quote Originally Posted by Mickymac View Post
    My dreams are crushed over this. I missed out on the classics version of these and wanted these as placeholders, and they look like fantastic renditions, but I just can't justify the price.

That said I'll probably break in a couple of months and order it!
    I feel ya. I really do. Must not crack but who am I kidding. They are two of my favourite characters.

Yeah, all up 3rd party items are really expensive in general it's only the high dollar that offsets a lot of the pain. I mean if the dollar were back to what it was a few years ago then even some of the most affordable items like FP's Crossfire upgrades would have set people back a lot. If anyone should be complaining about these prices its Americans, and I would have thought they were one of the toys primary markets.

Quote Originally Posted by mentok27 View Post
    certainly does seem like theres more Wants on the way than ive had in a long while but i dont see how you can say TFC hercules is $700 when Robot kingdom has 1/6th of it listed as $77.90 and i just orderd it and 4 other things which ended up with a combined postage of $37, so $7.40 per item.... factor in conversion to AUD and your looking at $80 for 1/6th..... $480aud for the whole thing.

course thats based on a variety of factors that are fairly fluid but the general idea im getting at is Hercules will not cost $700 if you do it right.
    It's a double edged blade though, or risky either way you look at it, order now and save money, at the risk of the toy turning out crap, or wait and check the toy and risk the cost going up if the dollar drops.

If I got enough dough by the end of the year (same time this thing comes out) I'm game to buy both of them. By the way how is stock-keeping with iGear? Do they restock items that are sold out or is this a one time thing?

I'm beginning to feel my resolve to wait for these guys weakening...I want to wait for colour pics of the completed toy, but even just the prototype images are convincing. It's the robot I wanted Ironhide and Ratchet to turn into back in the 80's.

Resurrecting an old thread I know (I couldn't find it mentioned elsewhere), but this has been put up for pre-order on TFSource along with a similar not-Ratchet for USD$119.95

I wish my G1 Ironhide robot mode looked this good!!