Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
weren't these 5 or 7 hundred dollars apiece on the shelf? your a very wealthy transformers collector if you generally have 6K spending money just lying around for "investing" in Lego

honestly though, now that it's ony available through secondary sources, it's one of those things that's hard to put a value on. The opportunity to have one, and the space to display it are priceless as it is. like a classics cliffjumper with upgrade set but not quite as severe. opportunity gone.
hehe, yeah, I totally would've at 200% + but hindsight's always 20-20, isn't it? GP recently mentioned that with the new Millenium Falcon too, I wasn't too sure but maybe I should've when we had that Myer One deal on top of 20%.

I see the Falcon kind of like a Fort Max to most TF fans. It becomes that grail that you want so bad b/c even though it's large and clunky but it is a special milestone in one's collection. Sure, different collectors might have different goals like say Lio-Kaiser, Predaking or Star Saber / Leo Victory etc but everyone knows Fort Max is the primary grail. The Falcon I reckon is similar.

And yeah, space is a killer too with these things. I'm having a look at the new large Star Wars ship that will likely be part of next year's sale and as great as it looks, it's huge. Not sure if I could find space for it