Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big W Sale 20-26 July

Default Big W Sale 20-26 July

Voyagers, Leaders and Deluxes back on sale at 35, 63 and 20 respectively. Perhaps others too.

Awesome, that's a big Fu to target and if it wasn't for the fact I already have everything released except for the target exclusive voyagers I would go spend my money there instead of target
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Yeah just saw the catalogue and was amazed!

http://catalogues.bigw.com.au/portal...two&gotopage=1

Awesome job Big W! Though I would like to buy stuff from Target too as I get flybuy points from there.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Also remember, that Target's only time they price-match (in previous years) is during their July toy sale (probably because it's less chance of losing money)... but this is a store-by-store basis, so it isn't guaranteed.
    (and only for prices in a printed catalogue)

I tried to price match at 2 different target stores last week and neither would and both times the girls at the register were rude so bugger target I wouldn't even bother buying from them except that they have exclusives that I want.
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

bowspearer Guest

The screwy part though is the fact that the only time things are accurately priced is when they go on sale here though. I still remember when prices went up in 97 because the dollar had slumped, yet the dollar has risen far more than what it was then and prices are still high. It's just too bad that the ACCC is utterly useless, as I suspect there are other imports where there's also price gouging going on.

Glad that one of my local stores has Target right above Big W, can go to Big W today and see if they have anything new (doubt it) and then scope out Target to see if it is worth going to that store tomorrow (also doubt it!).

Since I have to go in for groceries, it all works out nicely!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

In the past, I recall Target doing price matches during the toy sale or on items layby'd, but I asked about that this year and they said no, and I haven't seen any signage.

As far as points, I hate FlyBys. Their awards suck. I get Qantas points at Big W ;-)

Lastly, Target only has a 30-day change of mind return policy, meaning if you get a better deal more than 30 days after your purchase, too bad. Not the same for Big W. There is no published statute of limitations on their return policy, so if you find the item 4 months later on clearance, you can still return your more expensive version at Big W.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    As far as points, I hate FlyBys. Their awards suck. I get Qantas points at Big W ;-)
    Haha I know its ridiculous to redeem things from them with the points they ask for sometimes. But I do like the $20 and $50 flybuys gift cards that I get with points accumulated from groceries shopping and other places too though.

I also have the EveryDay Rewards / Qantas points, but haven't got round to using the points yet.

Will check out Big W tomorrow together with Target. Meantime, they also have an Online Only Toy Deals:

http://catalogues.bigw.com.au/portal...two&gotopage=1
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

I'd be more happy with this if my Big Ws got some new waves in