View Poll Results: A complete, satisfying Transformers Animated Collection is:

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ever Single Relaeased Character toy. all the remolds, repaints and size classes.

2 10.53%
  • One of every Character, various size classes to maintain a sense of "scale"

5 26.32%
  • One of Every character, BIGGEST available

0 0%
  • One of Every Mold

0 0%
  • One of each of your favorites as long as the Battle is even

1 5.26%
  • Whatever you are happy with

9 47.37%
  • UltraMarginal is analysing this so hard it makes my rotator cuff hurt.

3 15.79%
  • 1 Glorious Lugnut.

3 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My animated collection, what's left for me.

Default My animated collection, what's left for me.

Hey everyone, This thread is inspired by the other of a very similar name.

So I never particularly got into animated, mainly because I didnt' have a regular source of watching it. and I didn't want to branch my collecting due to expected expense.

I purchased a few figures, I got Jazz and Prowl, and the prime megs two pack. and Lockdown and Lugnut to even out the sides.

That was going to be it, but now I have been to botcon and I've got all the exclusives, and my Animated shelf is a bit lopsided. In the months leading up to Botcon I picked up a couple extras here and there because I figured they were cheap and I might need them to even out the battle at the end of the day.

Now though, I'm not too far from getting a fairly complete set together. I don't really want too many repaints, I've never really been into re-paints.

Sooo, I have the following:

Leader Autobot:
    Bulkhead (MIB)

Voyager:
    Wreckgar(MIB)

Deluxe:
    Optimus Prime
    Prowl
    Jazz
    Fisitron
    Autotrooper
    Autotrooper
    Autotrooper
    Cheetor
    Minerva
    Sideswipe
    Sentinal Prime (MIB)
    Ratchet Earth mode (MIB)

Leader Decepticon:
    None

Voyager:
    Lugnut
    MotorMaster
    Toxitron
    Longarm/Shockwave (MIB)

Deluxe:
    Megatron
    Soundwave with Laserbeak
    DragStrip
    Dead End
    WildRider
    Breakdown
    Lockdown

The above is what I have, a couple still coming back from BotCon in a box. Ratchet yet to be shipped from eBay.
    here is a current picture not including the MIB figures which I'm more inclined to re-sell if I end up with conflicting numbers or change my mind about anything from now on.

So I'm thinking of getting the following to flesh it out:

Leader
    Ultra Magnus

Voyager
    Blackout
    Blitzwing
    SkyWarp/Starscream

Deluxe
    Swindle (repainted
    and a new head sculpt to
    make it an outback.)

Swindle

I also have a hotrod and Cybertron Ironhide that I got in the states, still MIB, I'm not particularly keen on keeping them though as they were not key characters and I prefer the exclusive repaints. If I kept these I'd potentially have to get Oil slick and Black Arachnia to even it up.

Maybe a
    BumbleBee and
    Wasp to round it out

I'm a bit interested in leader Megs and Ultimate Prime. And I am curious about the cybertron mode prime. but I think I'm happy to leave these three.

I'm not particularly interested in Arcee, Blurr, cybertron ratchet or Ironhide, Sunstorm or blackarachnia.
    I am curious about the dinobots, but I'm not fussed.

What do Animated collectors think of this plan? Am I missing out on any particularly good molds? Is there a particularly bad mold that I should consider swapping out for another character.
    at the moment, I'm still unsure whether to count the auto troopers as 1 or 3, the other 2 are in a box still on the way from Botcon.

If anyone has any of these in box for sale I would be interested in picking them up, I'm spewing I didn't get Magnus for 35 last year when it was on sale everywhere.

Anyway, I'd love a bit of feedback/food for thought. I'm not a completist per se, though I'd love to feel like I have a complete set of Animated figures.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

hmmm, Considering your not a completist... that understandable, BUT if you ever watched the whole series S1 - 3 - all available in youtube btw ( it's where I watched all the episodes) Then you'd prolly consider at least getting all the ones that did appear (even a short one) in the series.

Animated only produced a finite amount of characters which only a finite number got translated into toys ( collectors are still hoping fro a Supreme Class Omega Toy). Oh and don't count the dissapointing cancellation so - deluxe wasp - nope, highly unlikely youd find any at all

So, IMO, if you can complete the collection by getting the ones that did appear (even cameo ones) you still wont be spending much IMO. Just avoid the pointless recolours and stick to just one sizing scheme - like Lockdown. The first release would be enough. Ratchet - no need for the Cyb alt mode. BUmblebee - Activator is better in size scale than the Deluxe version really. Dont forget Soundwave and Blackout. These molds are quite fun and well hope that helps.

Yeah that would be it get one of each mold - follow a proper sizing when choosing which version to get for that character - as well as get the colorversion that appeared in the series (as much as possible) and youve got yourself a complete Animated line to enjoy.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I forgot to add, that in preparation for bot con I managed to watch all 3 seasons through a special download service...
    I will definitely be buying the 3 season box set when it is eventually released.

I guess you are right about all the show appearances, there are only a few on the list that I'm not going to have by the time i'm done, might as well finish it all off. Just not a fan of repaints, it's just that in this case I got the re-paints first.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Repaints of an existing mold but a different character altogether is ok. but getting something like Lockdown who I think has 4 versions is just wasteful hehehe unless you can find the new attachment by itself on sale (prolly ebay) then I say just stick to one version your happy with

Yeah, you hit the nail on what I was trying to point out, there only a few more figures left when you do get what you wanted so finish the series off and enjoy the whole collection - complete and all heheheh - Ill post up a pic of my collection ( autos and deceps) so you can see just how small the series line really is anyways. Will give you a reference of (almost proper) sizing wise too I hope. Sans Botcon ones - I dont have any heheeh

Autobots

Decepticons

Last edited by liegeprime; 28th July 2011 at 01:06 AM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

At the end of the day it's what ever makes you happy. I avoided activators unless it was for a character that didn't get a larger toy ( Dirge, Thundercracker and Cliffjumper.
    Repaints are ok but not essential. I have a few and they routinely come off the shelves.
    Toys of note:
    Soundwave + Laserbeak (because it's Soundwave)
    Electrostatic Soundwave + Ratbat ( I got the Takara version which look better IMO)
    Safeguard (interesting combined mode)
    Dinobots (just nice moulds though a bit simple)
    Waspinator and Blackarachnia

Just get what makes you happy and is affordable.

Some figures worth getting would be Voyager Bulkhead (not well scaled, but an excellent figure), Activator Bumblebee, Sentinel Prime and Oil Slick (a great figure).

You can easily avoid most of the figures you mentioned you had no interest in, but keep Rodimus, he is one of the best figures in the entire line.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

yeap..whatever you are happy with. too bad for me, i try collecting them MISB/MOSC first then have additional as spares...

you might wanna look into getting Animated Activators? most of them are awesome

cybertron mode optimus prime is one of the better transformers out of animated

Yup whatever takes your fancy - but I kinda like the idea as liege in collecting only those that did appear in the cartoon. At least that's all what I do for my other lines as well. Unless of course you particularly like a figure / character that's didn't appear in the cartoon. Re-paints are kinda the company's way of making extra money.

Like Icy says, Activators are cool and fun! They pop out with a click of the button!
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Ultra Magnus is my favourite Animated toy so I would definitely recommend it without hesitation.

I don't like Voyager Starscream (or Skywarp) that much but he's an important character. Voyager Shockwave (either grey or purple) is a more interesting toy.

I think Legends Bumblebee is a really nifty legends figure, but if scale's a concern the activator one is better, and it's one of the best activators too. The best Wasp toy was never released but made by one of our members using the activator Bumblebee.

If you do go for the Dinobots try and get the Japanese ones. I picked up all three while in Hong Kong because they are the only ones in my opinion where the shiny paint looks both subtle and right. But the toys themselves aren't that great all up.

As The Damned and i_amtrunks said, Cybertronian Optimus Prime and Oil Slick are pretty good figures.

Some top toys of the year threads from when the toys were originally out (2008, 2009) might help with decision making too.