Thread: MP Grimlock

Default MP Grimlock

I've wanted one for ages I actually got really cranky I missed him at TRU.

Does anyone have one for sale if not which one shod I get, the Hasbro or Takara?

I only ask because if I have to import one the price seems pretty similar.

Thanks

well, personally I've been trying to keep my Masterpiece Collection fairly Takara based, but I do wish my Masterpiece grimlock came with the crown in the hasbro version.

I am unaware of any quality differences.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It seems robotkingdom are restocking the Takara version. I can't find it much cheaper for either version. I should have got one a while back. Even with the dollar it seems expensive especially for the hasbro version.

I think that's a fine price. Granted, the USD was in a different state back in April 09 when I got mine, but we got ours wholesale, and it came to AUD 180 shipped. I can't remember what TRU was asking for, but it was close.

The boxes on the Takara ones are nicer too. I'll wait will just before they ship and preorder one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I think that's a fine price. Granted, the USD was in a different state back in April 09 when I got mine, but we got ours wholesale, and it came to AUD 180 shipped. I can't remember what TRU was asking for, but it was close.
    Hasbro ones were $150.

I just sold my spare Takara Grimlock. I always wanted the Hasbro one more to open. If I ever find it though for a reasonable price is another story.

Definitely the Takara one - sorry always more of a Takara than Hasbro fan. Plus the crown with the Takara version like some of the boys said makes MP Grimmy cute-as.. haha.. Am not sure if the Hasbro version has the apron and those tiny glasses and tray too.

If I didn't recall wrongly, like Jay said, we all got our Takara ones around AUD$180 shipped. While the Hasbro one from TRU was about AUD$160.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

I have the Hasbro version but was lucky enough to find someone selling the Takara box with the accessories so i got the best of both versions.

There was no real difference between Hasbros and Takaras i think. The only thing that was different on Grimlock himself was his teeth were rounded off slightly so they were not as pointy as takaras version. One of the worst things with the US releases are all the safty measures they put on these toys.. Its funny though that they rounded off the teeth so they wouldnt hurt a kids finger but i bet that grimlock hurts like hell when little timmy hits his little sister with it LOL

Besides the teeth variation on them the only other difference is the aprin and serving tray OH and the sword isnt painted red on hasbros. One of the best Masterpiece figures i think. If you can get your hands on either one you will not be sorry ..

If you get a Takara version and really want a crown you could always get this set here http://www.igeartoys.com/?p=74

There were some minor paint differences as well that I remember, but not remember what they were