Thread: Transformers Kre-O Pre-orders at fishpond.com.au

Default Transformers Kre-O Pre-orders at fishpond.com.au

I just received this email from fishpond.com.au

Pre order the official Transformers Kre-O construction sets. KRE-O brings quality and innovation to the construction aisle. Each Transformers Kre-O set is "More Than Meets the Eye" with two types of builds: create a robot and then disassemble to build a vehicle. Packed with play, most sets come complete with themed accessories and a poseable KREON mini figure in robot or human form, & Kre-O is compatible with LEGO

Fishpond Specials - Up to 25% off - Today Only!

For example, the Optimus Prime Ultimate set is $139 down from $169.99. You save $30.99 (18%).

Gee, unlike the cheap movie toys, their Kre-O prices are a real rip-off.
    That 'discount' Optimus price is still $40 more than the expected retail price in normal stores of about $100. Their full price is almost 3 times the price in America, making it worth importing Kre-O.

After seeing what our retail prices will be in Australia, last night I bought all 12 of the first wave from BBTS, and it saved me a fortune, so I recommend it for any collector here planning on buying these.

Total price of all 12 here at the cheapest source - AU$591
    Total price of all 12 at US Retail price if you lived in America - AU$290 (approx)
    Total price of all 12 shipped here from BBTS - AU$395 (US$284 + $132 shipping)

Importing the first 12 saves $200!
    (I actually saved more because I bought $200 of other toys and total shipping was only $20 more, making the Kre-O portion of shipping being about $80)

Such a wasted opportunity for Hasbro Australia, as they could have easily got a foothold in the 'Lego' market here with our current exchange rate.

It seems as though Fishpond have dropped their prices further, Optimus Prime Ultimate set is down to $121 with free shipping.

http://www.fishpond.com.au/c/Games/p/Transformers+KRE-O