View Poll Results: Kre-O TFs wave 1 - worth buying?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • All yes

5 11.63%
  • Yes, but only if...

14 32.56%
  • Some sets only

11 25.58%
  • Not worth buying

6 13.95%
  • Not interested

7 16.28%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Kre-O Wave 1

Great pics Jena.

Prowl looks pretty rad and made me wish Jazz was in white. I'm sold with the two basics. Optimus Prime for the Truck mode and Bumblebee looks solid in both modes. I'm still not sure of the rest. Maybe Mirage.

The bigger kits still aren't a sell for me. Starscream is confusing with the G1 head and movie style robot mode. I just can't marry the two together. Megatron just looks disproportionate in robot mode, Rathcet looks to be the worst in the group and I'm still in two minds with Sentinel.

20% sales are helping... but I might just get a couple of more and be done. Just have to resist those minifigs.

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    saw a couple of these at Target and TRU today... almost bought 1, but Im really only interested in the Kreons figures so I passed... Ill just get some from ebay
    Did you see the eBay listing with all 28 Kreons? Don't know how much it ended at but it was over $100 when I last looked.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

IIRC Hasbro is going to be releasing Kreons singly, like LEGO does.

Not sure who'll be included or not, hopefully that'll be where Ironhide and Hound go, seeing as we've seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Great pics Jena.

Prowl looks pretty rad and made me wish Jazz was in white. I'm sold with the two basics. Optimus Prime for the Truck mode and Bumblebee looks solid in both modes. I'm still not sure of the rest. Maybe Mirage.

The bigger kits still aren't a sell for me. Starscream is confusing with the G1 head and movie style robot mode. I just can't marry the two together. Megatron just looks disproportionate in robot mode, Rathcet looks to be the worst in the group and I'm still in two minds with Sentinel.

20% sales are helping... but I might just get a couple of more and be done. Just have to resist those minifigs.
    I hated basic OP in truck mode at first but now I appreciate the design.

I think the biggest sets I will get will be Bumblebee and perhaps Ratchet, I'm not keen on Starscream, Sentinel or Megs. It certainly seems that the smaller and medium sets are more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Did you see the eBay listing with all 28 Kreons? Don't know how much it ended at but it was over $100 when I last looked.
    Yeah i ahve it in my watchlist, Ill have to check my watchlist how much it went for.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

As a big Lego fan/collector, I think the vehicle modes on most of these things are very basic and ugly - way too many studs showing and not even close to the quality of vehicles Lego has been producing recently. Hell, even Megabloks did a great job on the Halo series compared to these.

If this series was going to forgo transformations, then it really needed to make sure that both builds were really solid. I don't think they've achieved that on most of the models.

The large Optimus is the exception to this, the truck looks really nice (despite the fragility of the trailer), and the robot mode is pretty well proportioned. The shoulders in particular look right, as opposed to every other Kreo robot where for some reason the arms look like they're poking out of the robot's lower ribcage.

Mirage is fairly successful at what he does too, some hands would be nice but overall not too munted.

The mini Prime and Bee deserve special mention for achieving a lot with a little. The smaller scale makes the vehicles more forgivable and the robot modes are surprisingly decent. They're worth collecting by us AFOLs for the nice head sculpts alone, so we can get to work on some proper well designed (transformable!) designs...

Meanwhile, there's plenty of fans showing Hasbro how it should be done...

Wheeljack
    http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/207314

Prime
    http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/223339

Smokescreen
    http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/283457

Devs (not really transformable but still very nice...)
    http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/194587

There's plenty more good stuff out there...why didn't Hasbro hire these guys?

Oh WOW. Those are some neat MOCS Sutton. Totally doable as actual sets, not too complex or full of specialized parts. Awesome!

So I finally made Jazz into car mode. The build was ok and the finished product is too plump and bubbly to be taken seriously. The actual build engineering is pretty average compared to contemporary Lego cars, especially the creator sets, but it's ok. Overall pretty disappointing kit for both robot and car mode. I'd have liked it more in white, and would have hidden many of its ugly features. Just look at Prowl.

Anyhoo I decided to make Junker Jazz with the remaining parts...

Hehe.

Fort Max
    http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/234980

Another Devs (fully transformable, although the smaller bots look straight out of a Dire Straights film clip...)
    http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/262425

A pic of mine in vehicle mode.

(the trailer behind Starscream is from Ultimate Optimus)
    Now to destroy them all and redo them into robot mode...