Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: September doobiewhackers

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    there are a couple of items on my list includes x-9 ravage Actionmaster Optimus Prime and Micromaster Battlefield Headquarters... throw in a few other pretenders (Skyhigh, Bugly, Iguanus etc) in the mix and it keeps me hunting

1988 was the "worst" year in my collection with 1989 close behind with loads missing from the ranks with prices the way they are and some good finds latley i can fill those gaps slowley cause i am pretty bored with the mainstream movie stuff these days ...
    Yeah, the 88 and 89 years are surprisingly difficult to complete. There are actually a lot of figures in those years and many are quite obscure. Good luck man!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickymac View Post
    Doobie continues to get whacked with g1 goodness. Arrived home tonight to find something orange, green and slightly 'venom'-ous on the doorstep.
    deluxe insecticon Venom?

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post

deluxe insecticon Venom?
    got it in one! These guys (deluxe insecticons) appeared at the top of the '85 in box catalogue (decepticon side!) and the goal of my g1 collecting has been to be able to reproduce that catalogue as a display, and a side display for the mailaways. I'm getting pretty close now with only a few gaps, but I knew these guys would be close to last.

Doobie continues to get whacked with g1 goodness. Arrived home tonight to find something orange, green and slightly 'venom'-ous on the doorstep.
    did that come off ebay? came with the box?

i was trying to bid on that but my internet was unco-operative and couldnt let me finish the bid so i gave up!!

same seller has a nice lot up at the moment with horri-bull and barrage
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I think I know the listing, and no mine was a BIN that I luckily found before anyone else , but the one you're talking about was almost identical (mib, all accessories etc). That guy seems to have quite a few good items.

I think I know the listing, and no mine was a BIN that I luckily found before anyone else , but the one you're talking about was almost identical (mib, all accessories etc). That guy seems to have quite a few good items.
    yeah he does, i have purchase multiple items off him and they are always good quality and shipped well and i have a few bids on a current couple of his...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    I just got back from Osaka for a 2.5 day weekend, and it was ok (bar the torrential rain).
    I did take up HD's have a look at Osaka guide which proved very helpful for TF hunting.

Hero Gangu.... oh dear. I think I fainted. My wife started taking pics of me on her iphone because she was in awe that I found my true resting place.

After being to many TF shops around the world, Hero Gangu is the best for G1, Beast era, Henkei (yes they had every single one), United, Botcon etc etc
    I think I saw almost every piece avaliable....
    However - it was expensive! $28000 for a Botcon Counterpunch, which I refused to pay and nabbed one on ebay for half the price. Windcharger RTS - 4900Yen (WHAAAAA!!!).
    I did pick up a MISB Nemesis Prime for $45 AUD which I was happy about and a Masterpiece Rodimus Prime for $100AUD.
    The other stores, Entertainment Jungle, Super Capsule, Mandrake Chaos all had a good range, but it was Hero Gangu which I liked.

As for Osaka, once was enough. if you go, go for 1 day (which you can see the bulk of the city then, and spend a day at Kyoto (about a 40min train ride from Umeda).

Will I return to Osaka? Probably with HD for a hunting TF trip.

After this trip, I have decided to buy a toy from everyline from here on end to open up a museum (prob in HK or Sing or Sydney) so people can appreciate the toy goodness.
    maybe an ozformers trip and a crash on HD's loungeroom floor is in order

September really is turning into a great month, the last seeker arrived today - Ramjet MIB. Got him from Canada so he came with bi-lingual tech specs etc. An interesting read! Pics soon.

I received Transformers Generations 2011 Vol 2 today thanks to Simon Furman.

He was selling it, signed, on eBay. It was cheaper than any of the online stores, and as a fan of his comics since I was 7, it was a real thrill to get a book directly from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I received Transformers Generations 2011 Vol 2 today thanks to Simon Furman.

He was selling it, signed, on eBay. It was cheaper than any of the online stores, and as a fan of his comics since I was 7, it was a real thrill to get a book directly from him.

That is cool.
    really cool
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    there are a couple of items on my list includes x-9 ravage Actionmaster Optimus Prime and Micromaster Battlefield Headquarters... throw in a few other pretenders (Skyhigh, Bugly, Iguanus etc) in the mix and it keeps me hunting

1988 was the "worst" year in my collection with 1989 close behind with loads missing from the ranks with prices the way they are and some good finds latley i can fill those gaps slowley cause i am pretty bored with the mainstream movie stuff these days ...

Good luck with this endeavor Sharky. From experience Pretender Vroom was THE hardest to find - in terms of completeness and reasonable price...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]