I want this forum to feel like an exclusive home for local fans here, so I don't think the doors will ever be opened to every fan around the world. Even if it means we remain a small number of members, at least it would be *our* community. That said, I don't think many fans from outside of our part of this world (or even outside of this country) are that interested in participating here anyway, due to there being other fan forums for the global topics and little relevence to our local topics.
I'm wondering if we should allow foreign fans in, and if so, should they only be allowed in if they can bring something of use here (like fans who are sources for news or info). If I did allow this, I'd limit it to only those people who are from some sort of important background and assess each person as to why they should be here. I want to see what other people here think though. But like I said, we don't get much interest from fans outside of our part of the world. They just need to be aware that if they are a regular fan who can't bring something useful to our forum, they need to interact on one that is global or local to them, because that would be more fulfilling to them.