Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else just not care anymore?

I'm not a collector, so I don't feel very strongly about this.

Personally, I never liked the look of the live movie character designs. I like TFs blocky, so mainly look out for Classics / Generations figures.

On top of this, I'm more interested in the artwork than the actual toys.

I went through a similar thing during G2, not because G2 was fundamentally awful (though some of it was), but I was just at a time in my life when I had other priorities - I was in my late teens/early 20s. For about 5-6 years I had very little to do with TFs, and then my enthusiasm was reignited with Beast Wars.

Your enthusiasm for any hobby naturally goes through peaks and troughs, and can sometimes result in suspending the hobby altogether. I'll freely confess to going through a bit of a lull myself with the DotM toys, partly due to toy/character quality, party due to a terrible release schedule through Hasbro Australia. I'm quite looking forward to the TF:Prime toys though.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

For me, the hunt is more of an online thing than a a real life shopping experience thing. A lot of my collection, and indeed my favorites, have all been bought online via eBay, Amazon or members here. One of my favorite things is being one of the first to click on a member's sale thread to see if I'm the first to snag something cool that someone may be selling. That's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    For me, the hunt is more of an online thing than a a real life shopping experience thing. A lot of my collection, and indeed my favorites, have all been bought online via eBay, Amazon or members here. One of my favorite things is being one of the first to click on a member's sale thread to see if I'm the first to snag something cool that someone may be selling. That's just me.
    There is definitely an excitement to being the first to see a new sale thread.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I think it's important to realise that you're not always going to like what the Transformers franchise brings to the table, but that's not to say that's always going to be the case. So you are sick of the DotM toys...So am I! Doesn't mean I care less about G1, TFA or the Classics. Just ride the wave, spend time on another hobby and come back to it when it becomes interesting to you again. The recent Unicron and a G1 Slugslinger are the only Transformers I've bought in months and months. I kinda enojy the breaks as it means I can spend money on other areas like music production, gigs, videogames, holidays or whatever. It all balances out in the end.

Over the past 10 years ive been an on and off collector, but my love for Transformers can never fade. I can see where your coming from and maybe the best thing you can do right now is distance yourself and focus on something else. I think selling some/all of your collection would be a mistake. Who knows, you might regret it one day.

Just have a break and if the spark isnt reignited in 6 months or so, maybe you are done with it

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    Does anyone else just not care anymore?
    Yep, me.

I couldn't give a rats about collecting TFs anymore to be honest - I will still hang onto single copies of what I have but I plan on selling off all the doubles/triples/quadruples that I have sitting in storage.

I just don't find collecting them 'rewarding' or as 'fun' anymore - so much so that I have reduced my display to only about 10% of my collection and have put everything else into storage.

Unless something comes along that's revolutionary and sparks my interest again, it's all 'meh' for me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Yep, me.

I couldn't give a rats about collecting TFs anymore to be honest - I will still hang onto single copies of what I have but I plan on selling off all the doubles/triples/quadruples that I have sitting in storage.

I just don't find collecting them 'rewarding' or as 'fun' anymore - so much so that I have reduced my display to only about 10% of my collection and have put everything else into storage.

Unless something comes along that's revolutionary and sparks my interest again, it's all 'meh' for me at the moment.
    Exactly this.

Have gone from whole collection on display to small shelf with just my favourites on it in the last few months, and have bought about three Transformers since May.

I'm sure I'll get into it again at some point.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

We need something to light our darkest hour in tf collecting!

You can't really expect anything to hold your interest 100% of the time.
    Like music, you might have a favourite band but they only put out an album every 3 years or something... so you just listen to the old stuff, forget about them until it comes out, or find new bands while you're bored.
    Not a particularly unusual or bad thing for me.