Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else just not care anymore?

It comes and it goes,

I guess there is a feeling of ennui for me with the main TF toylines and media, I did enjoy getting the odd few movie toys and the last of Generations, but now the momentum is lost with Soundwave being the only interesting new one being announced, the Generations repaints are good ideas but they are still just repaints/retools, I don't really dig the Prime style and the recent MP's while cool are remakes of characters I already own.

Still it's all cyclical so I'm sure it will all come around again, so I wouldn't say I don't care, it's just a quiet period, which is fine because my TF collection is smaller than most because I have a few different collections, and something is always going on somewhere.

You know what I don't care about anymore (or who I should say rather)? Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron & Starscream. I understand from a business perspective it's good to maintain a degree of familiarity but surely there's going to come a point where it becomes a bit ridiculous to just keep reinventing these characters for every new cartoon series?

It's a comic, but look at Wreckers. Part of the reason why it's so fresh and memorable is because it's not dealing with the same bunch of losers as everything else! The big boys need to shove over and give someone else the spotlight.

I don't. Think Iv'e just grown out of it. Still haven't opened leader starscream and others

Not meaning to revive this old thread (even if it was one of the more interesting topics) but I just had an epiphany which I wanted to share.

As mentioned, I haven't lost interest in Transformers - how could I when it has been such a big part of my life, I think it's more a case of changing priorities.

Devastator was my final grail item and this was fulfilled when TakTom released the Encore version (flaws aside). Since then, I have found it increasingly difficult to even considering buying anymore Transformers. In my mind, what could be better than owning Devastator? And that's just it - if I were to buy anything, it would have to surpass my last purchase otherwise what's the point. You kind of just get to a point when you hit the ceiling.

I'm completely over DOTM, I'm completely over repaints and retools, I have no interest in PRiDE, and I refuse to handover anymore money until Hasbro step-up to the plate and produce the goods. MP Sideswipe is a good start but until then, I'll just enjoy what I've got.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Not meaning to revive this old thread (even if it was one of the more interesting topics) but I just had an epiphany which I wanted to share.

As mentioned, I haven't lost interest in Transformers - how could I when it has been such a big part of my life, I think it's more a case of changing priorities.

Devastator was my final grail item and this was fulfilled when TakTom released the Encore version (flaws aside). Since then, I have found it increasingly difficult to even considering buying anymore Transformers. In my mind, what could be better than owning Devastator? And that's just it - if I were to buy anything, it would have to surpass my last purchase otherwise what's the point. You kind of just get to a point when you hit the ceiling.

I'm completely over DOTM, I'm completely over repaints and retools, I have no interest in PRiDE, and I refuse to handover anymore money until Hasbro step-up to the plate and produce the goods. MP Sideswipe is a good start but until then, I'll just enjoy what I've got.
    Totally fair enough, but have you seen the FOC Bruticus!!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

In my mind, what could be better than owning Devastator?
    Owning Time Warrior.

Would a continuation of Classicsverse interest you?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Owning Time Warrior.

Is that a figure or do you mean the watch

Decepticon Guest

I'll just enjoy what I've got.
    Those 6 words above pretty much describes what I have to say!

Who says still caring for Transformers is equal to whether or not you intend to purchase new Transformer toys? So long as you're thinking about TFs that's all that should really matter, eh?

Hey 5 FDP good to hear from you!

Gotta do what makes you happy, if buying new stuff no longer entices you and playing with new stuff no longer interests you, then I agree it's time to take a break.

At the end of the day, very few collectors, if any, can "collect 'em all", so you gotta just buy what delights you. Sadly, for old school ppl like us, the recent releases will always feel sub par underwhelming compared with G1. And so if you G1 grail is Devy and you've reached it, then it's gotta be good enough.

Personally, I've written off almost every post G1 line back in 2007 and sold off non-G1 stuff because they really don't excite me. My only current lines are MPs, BTs and classics, and even many of these are questionable.

Cheers,
    HD