Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TFCC: Shattered Glass Drift

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    As much as I like Drift, I think his character would suit better for a cold tone in the color spectrum (white, greyish silver, silver blue, etc.)
    Since he is kinda meant to be the opposite of his current "inverse" self, I think the brighter colour suits better, he more or less becomes a braggart and hothead... like Sideswipe, but in the Shattered Glass verse!

Boss would have been nice, but they already released this mould in a light blue for Blurr...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

If he's meant to be an opposite I would have thought black would be an obvious colour choice

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    If he's meant to be an opposite I would have thought black would be an obvious colour choice
    He is opposite, red with white instead of white with red.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    He is opposite, red with white instead of white with red.
    Still would have gone with black

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't get the use of the Kanji 定 on the bonnet... it means to decide/determine/settle etc. On the regular Drift toy has 侍 ("Samurai") written on the doors... so I don't really see how "decision" relates to that... I thought perhaps having the Kanji 忍 ("shinobi" (i.e. Ninja)) would make more sense, being the opposite of Samurai.

Or if they wanted to go for a semantic opposite, "Samurai" literally means "to serve" or "servant" -- so maybe the Kanji 主 ("master") might make more sense... if Unshattered Glass Drift lives to serve others, then perhaps Shattered Glass Drift lives for others to serve him (kinda like Movie Barricade's "To Punish and Enslave" motto perverting "To serve and protect").

Unless there's some other meaning to it I'm not seeing. <shrug>
    I thought the use of that kanji was odd too, as in Chinese it has almost the same meaning (it also means "fixed").

Perhaps (and I'm guessing here) because his name is Drift (which in a way implies movement), the Shattered Glass version is the "opposite", and so they are using a character for "fixed".

Still would have gone with black
    That would be pretty cool actually.

Assuming that Drift's colours are based on the Hinomaru (Japanese flag), then the white represents spiritual purity - and black would be the polar opposite of that; not just in terms of physics, but also with Asian philosophy (i.e. Yin and Yang). They could also replace the red with blue... cos ya know, red vs blue. I guess that would make SG Drift Player 1 and regular Drift Player 2.

They could perhaps retool the writing on the big sword and replace 天下無双 ("Tenka musou" = Peerless Under Heaven) with 硬貨を入れて ("Kouka o irete" = Insert coin)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I thought the use of that kanji was odd too, as in Chinese it has almost the same meaning (it also means "fixed").

Perhaps (and I'm guessing here) because his name is Drift (which in a way implies movement), the Shattered Glass version is the "opposite", and so they are using a character for "fixed".
    So perhaps using a Mighty Muggs mould might be more suitable then.

He's coloured like Deadpool because Deadpool is basically the opposite of Drift.

"Bot of Banter". I wonder if they got in trouble for calling him the Mech with a Mouth, or if they're just playing it safe.

So best to join the club in january yea? i hope the aussie dollar is either stronger or at least above parity by the time I join up!

So perhaps using a Mighty Muggs mould might be more suitable then.
    Zing!
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I don't get the use of the Kanji 定 on the bonnet... it means to decide/determine/settle etc. On the regular Drift toy has 侍 ("Samurai") written on the doors... so I don't really see how "decision" relates to that... I thought perhaps having the Kanji 忍 ("shinobi" (i.e. Ninja)) would make more sense, being the opposite of Samurai.

Or if they wanted to go for a semantic opposite, "Samurai" literally means "to serve" or "servant" -- so maybe the Kanji 主 ("master") might make more sense... if Unshattered Glass Drift lives to serve others, then perhaps Shattered Glass Drift lives for others to serve him (kinda like Movie Barricade's "To Punish and Enslave" motto perverting "To serve and protect").

Unless there's some other meaning to it I'm not seeing. <shrug>
    Urgh kanji...

Anyways, the tfwiki puts it down to this.