Thread: Avoid classictoyspaper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bowspearer Guest

Default Avoid ebayer classictoyspaper

Add classictoyspaper to the list of sellers to avoid on eBay. The only reason I haven't left negative feedback is because I have to wait until 7 days after the auction to do so.

Won a MiB Captain Power Power Base from him which in the listing he stated he would ship worldwide.

When I won, it turned out that there were postage restrictions which meant that the only way it could go out via Priority Mail International was if they made a box for it.

I was naturally concerned about it making it out to Australia in good condition like that, so I asked them how much courier fees were going to cost (I got a rough quote of $1000 this morning which I would have been fine with) and whether there was enough padding around the MiB Power Base for it not to be an issue- attempting to not only contact them via eBay messaging but making numerous attempts at calling them internationally from my mobile phone.

This morning I woke up to a cancelled transaction request dispute attempt which I refuse to accept and a message saying they refuse to be liable for shipping costs over $100 (which is anything but the case when shipping by courier internationally is fully insured anyway). I contacted them, understandably rather annoyed about their approach which effectively amounted to an "up yours".

The seller informed me that they expected me to accept their request to cancel the request as they've already passed it on to the second highest bidder and they've accepted, and that I should just buy items this large locally from now on (clearly the seller can't grasp that Captain power stuff is almost impossible to buy locally).

I have reported the seller and like I said, I'll be leaving feedback the moment the 7 day time frame passes.

I would strongly advise anyone here to avoid dealing with them as this is clearly how they handle problems which arise during transactions.
    Last edited by bowspearer; 26th October 2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: changing thread title

wow, sounds like a fairly messed up transaction, I realise it might be too late, but maybe, given their overall positive feedback it might be worth trusting them to make a suitable box for the USPS postage.

that's all I got, hope it womehow works out for you.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Sorry to hear about that. That courier price for $1000 is messed up and whacked.

But what an awesome play set to get for your collection, I'd never seen that line before, but it looks fun!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Sorry to hear about that. That courier price for $1000 is messed up and whacked.
    Actually that courier price was me calling FedEx and it was the cheapest that I could get it for. I was fine paying that though as the playset is too big with padding and a box for it to be sent via regular mail due to Aust Post size restrictions so I was fine paying it (well not fine but it's a case of "if that's what the shipping costs then that's what it costs") if I had to as it was staying MIB.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    But what an awesome play set to get for your collection, I'd never seen that line before, but it looks fun!
    It is, which is why I'm annoyed that the seller is being such a douche about this.

This could have been some indication the seller was troublesome. I have only ever had ***** dealings with OS ebayers but I have never bought anything so big. Must be a pretty cool toy to be prepared to pay upwards of $1k for shipping.

After Bidded & PAID Then Want MORE For Postage. Refunded. So Disappointed!! Buyer:
    Member id on.9 ( Feedback Score Of 87Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99)
    16-Jun-11 00:33 Feedback conversation

Reply by classictoyspaper (21-Jun-11 23:13):
    package too big 2 ship to australia. 79" package size limit. NOT our fault!!

LEGO 2005 NEW! MISB TECHNIC HUGE MOBILE CRANE SET #8421 (#380340097365) US $426.00

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    This could have been some indication the seller was troublesome. I have only ever had ***** dealings with OS ebayers but I have never bought anything so big. Must be a pretty cool toy to be prepared to pay upwards of $1k for shipping.
    Yeah saw that after the fact. The problem in these situations is when something is this rare (substitute rare for cool and you just made one hell of an understatement, but yeah it's really cool), you have to take a punt sometimes and hope for the best.

Still on the positive side of things; if it's a case of "3rd time's the charm" on this then this is the second bad deal I've had with a Power Base, so the next time should be a total milk-run.

bowspearer Guest

Honestly, after the way it panned out- they even accused me of having a mental illness because I was annoyed at their attitude - and the what I've seen of their neg feedback when there have been problems; I honestly don't trust them not to balls this up.

Besides they're demanding i agree to cancel the transaction because they've already passed it on to the second highest bidder and that bidder has apparently accepted.