Approximate Retail Price - $35-$50
    Approximate Size - 30cm Long, 13cm in diameter
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - N/A
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Electronic Lights & Sound
    Main Colours - Red, Blue, Silver
    Main Accessories - Whistler Darts

http://www.mtv.com/onair/geek/franch...ansformer6.jpg

NOTE: Actual product not as pictured above. Paint apps are very slightly different and comes with 10 completely blue Nerf Whistler darts.

The Skinny
    Basically this is a DOTM branded Nerf Blaster whose internal mechanics are based off the Nerf Hyperfire. It comes with 10 whistler darts which are completely blue to look like blaster shots and has electronic lights and sounds. Overall it is a superb Nerf blaster on it's own merit and doesn't look too goofy as a costume accessory. It's only downside is that it is quite large in size and heavy because of the electronics which means children and others will find it challenging to use as a single handed weapon.

The Long
    This is an Optimus Prime branded Nerf Blaster with a 10 dart capacity. The Cyber Blaster shoots 8 metres with ease while aimed flat and will go much much further if aimed ballistically. There is a slide at the top with a convenient nub for priming the blaster and the barrel auto rotates to ready the next dart for firing. The blaster is not automatic and has to be primed to fire after every shot. Because of the size and weight of the blaster, it is recommended to use a 2nd hand to steady the shot. The Cyber Blaster delivers plenty of power and is satisfying to shoot. It is compatible with all Nerf darts except streamline (clip system) darts.

The electronic sounds can be turned on and off with a slider near the grip of the blaster. There are 3 modes. ON, OFF and TRY ME. The TRY ME mode basically cycles through all the available sound bytes every time the trigger is pressed. The ON mode is the toy's regular operating program. When the blaster is primed there is a metallic click sound. After priming the yellow light on the side of the blaster starts to glow and a buzzing sound hums continuously to indicate that the blaster is 'charged' and ready to fire. This is occasionally accompanied by Peter Cullen's voice telling you that your blaster is ready. Pulling the trigger results in a shooting 'pew pew' sound effect. Strangely though only the TRY ME mode can activate the 'I am Optimus Prime' sound byte and pulling the trigger without priming results in a different shooting noise. Also of note: you can fire the blaster without activating the shooting noise as you have to pull the trigger back completely to activate the noise, while the blaster fires slightly before that point.

Overall this is an excellent toy. It is fun and easy to use and really does feel like a movieverse transformers weapon. While it does not transform like previous TF-Nerf crossover products I reckon it has much better play (and role play) value because of its rotating barrel mechanism and high dart capacity. It is pricey for what it is: $35 RPP at Big W and $50 at Myer. It is currently a catalogue sale item at Myer for $30 with an additional 10% off for MyerOne members bringing it down to $27 which is a better opportunity than never to pick up an excellent Nerf blaster and a fun TF accessory.
    Last edited by griffin; 5th November 2011 at 01:03 AM. Reason: removed hotlinked image, per board rules

I think the official pics have the final colours:

how much is it retail wise here? havent seen any though or is it just that Im not [aying attention to stuff like it in the toy aisles
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]