Page 40 of 120 FirstFirst ... 203035363738394041424344455060 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So I got a bunch TFA toys from a forum member yesterday and I was blown away by the old school Deluxes especially. Blurr is taller than most Voyagers and Sentinel Prime has some really nice engineering on him.

It's great to be reminded how awesome Transformers were just few years ago.
    And Animated's not even that good in terms of engineering IMHO (because it's still based on cartoon models rather than being toy-first conceived figures). A lot of the toy-first figures that came out prior to Dark of the Moon were really nice, e.g. RiD, Cybertron, CHUGUR etc. Classics Bumblebee is a better toy than Animated Bumblebee, and I much prefer Voyager Classics Optimus Prime over Voyager Animated Optimus Prime etc.

I was really impressed with Scattershot when I picked up Computron last November. Interesting Transformation, cool alt mode - a giant space cruiser loaded with cannons - and the best 3rd mode (a cannon emplacement) I've seen from a combiner leader. The fact he combines with 4 other robots into a gestalt just tops off a really great figure!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I was really impressed with Scattershot when I picked up Computron last November. Interesting Transformation, cool alt mode - a giant space cruiser loaded with cannons - and the best 3rd mode (a cannon emplacement) I've seen from a combiner leader. The fact he combines with 4 other robots into a gestalt just tops off a really great figure!
    Would you be even more impressed to know that you can also combine Scattershot with (G1) Metroplex?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Would you be even more impressed to know that you can also combine Scattershot with (G1) Metroplex?
    Really?!? I knew you plug in the 4 smaller Aerialbots to give him a bunch of arm/leg booster rockets but how to you combine him with Scattershot?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Really?!? I knew you plug in the 4 smaller Aerialbots to give him a bunch of arm/leg booster rockets but how to you combine him with Scattershot?
    In cannon mode, Scattershot has a couple of tabs that are on the wing, and these plug into the slot on the side of Metroplex's docking bay in city mode.

In cannon mode, Scattershot has a couple of tabs that are on the wing, and these plug into the slot on the side of Metroplex's docking bay in city mode.
    Very cool! I've plugged MMaster and Onslaught into Trypticon in city mode before. Next time I get Metro & Scattor out will surely give it a go

Really? That makes sense as to why the ends of the wings are an odd shape, but I've never seen anyone do that (unlike Motormaster, Hot Spot, Onslaught and Silverbolt.) Can someone please post a photo? Scattershot's TFW2005 page even says says "Unlike the other Scramble City combiners, Scattershot is one of only two team leaders that do not have a base mode that can connect to Metroplex or Trypticon (unless fan-created). The other is the Terrorcon leader Hun-Grrr."

I too was unaware of these plugging together, but it now gives a reason for the four loops of plastic on Metroplex's legs...

(Scattorshot is not plugged in - this photo made more sense than the one of it plugged in)

Now the question is, does that mean there should be a third mode combining feature with Hun-Grrr, to keep this gimmick paired up.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Now the question is, does that mean there should be a third mode combining feature with Hun-Grrr, to keep this gimmick paired up.
    If anyone can find a way of connecting this to Metroplex, they'll be a part of Transformers history. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

(Scattorshot is not plugged in - this photo made more sense than the one of it plugged in)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    If anyone can find a way of connecting this to Metroplex, they'll be a part of Transformers history. Good luck!

Can't wait to do this with my Metro & Scattor ! It's just made Scattorshot even cooler! Thanks guys, love it when I learn something new about an old toy

Heh - I've turned my Hun-Grrr into that before, just because I had seen a pic online. All the other lot make some sort of sense:

Silverbolt: Landing Strip
    Motormaster: Launch Ramp
    Onslaught: Armored Cannon Bunker-thing
    Hot Spot: Armored Rescue Vehicle, Repair bay (another very cool toy!)
    Scattorshot: Cannon Emplacement

Could never figure out what Hun-Grrr was supposed to be, I suppose if the tail rotated he could be a fan , or perhaps he does it as a mocking impression of Blot's alt-mode sitting down