Page 48 of 120 FirstFirst ... 283843444546474849505152535868 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Gaia Unicron & Optimus 2-pack arrived today, and I was surprised to see a snake deco painted on one shoulder of Optimus.

I'd heard this 2-pack sometimes being referred to as "year of the snake", but since there is nothing on the box anywhere of YOTS, I just thought it was just some dealers using the acronym to help sell it as it came out at about the same time as YOTS Optimus and Starscream.

It's not a clear image of a snake either, as I'd have trouble working out what it is and its purpose if I wasn't remembering the YOTS label from almost two years ago now.

It's still an odd thing to slap onto the toy without anything noted on the packaging (that I could see). And I haven't seen the snake deco on Unicron to make it a matching pair.
    Come on griff, post some pictures!

This has been around for a while, and probably even posted here before... but these things are always worth re-posting, for the new and old fans.
    The 1985 Sears Christmas catalogue, featuring toys... and it's a LOT of toys.
    A couple pages of second year Transformers, plus MASK, MOTU, She-Ra, Voltron, GIJoe, GoBots.
    The thing that always amazes me though is the GIJoe Flagg aircraft carrier... at four times the size of Fortress Maximus... it's over a foot taller/longer than me.

Now that's the sort of catalogue I'd love to shop from... I'd be so poor if I was this age back then.

This has been around for a while, and probably even posted here before... but these things are always worth re-posting, for the new and old fans.
    Constructicons, form... um. On second thoughts, no, don't do that.

Megatran Guest

A couple pages of second year Transformers *snip*
    I cannot make out the prices for the TF toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I cannot make out the prices for the TF toys.
    Click on the image and then "download this photo" on the far right, and then click on "view all sizes" to select the size you want to view, which includes a size large enough to read the writing and prices.

It never dawned on me before... the reason why the Exo-Suit is called an Excel-Suit in Japanese.

Excel Suit = エクセルスーツ; ekuseru'suutsu
    Exo Suit = エクソスーツ; ekuso'suutsu
    ...and I'm sure many of you know what that means in Japanese.

P.S. e-kuso could arguably translate as "to acquire ****" (得糞→糞を得る)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Constructicons, form... um. On second thoughts, no, don't do that.

Not the strangest Devastator I've seen today.

I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

That catalogue is gorgeous. Also great to see mistransformation spans back through the decades.

Not limited to Transformers either, some of those Go-bots look like they're in pain.

Talk about leading with the crotch.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Talk about leading with the crotch.
    After a few drinks, we're all like that on the dance floor.