Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Movie Trilogy Bluray boxset

Default Ultimate Movie Trilogy Bluray boxset

This is said to be released in December, via selected US sources.

• There will only be 5,000 made.
    • They will be autographed by Bay.
    • Will be sold on Amazon.com and another US retailer.
    • They will contain the 3 TF Blu-ray movies + behind the scenes stuff.
    • It will be out in December

No price known yet, but should be hefty (and even more later when it sells out).
    Teaser images of the set at the link above.

Hopefully it will have enough extras in it to make it worth buying... otherwise it is just the regular Bluray editions in a fancy (expensive) case.

Nelson may purchase some for international fans since they are american only

isn't there talks about a 4th movie? Doesn't the blu ray editions already have behind the scenes footage?

probably a moot box set as they'll probably keep releasing boxset after boxset to cater for the new movies.

Ace is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have been waiting on more details of this box set since first hearing rumours of it. I really wanted it at first. But upon discussing it with the missus and seeing your posts, 1) do i really need michael bay's signage? 2) the actual box isn't a spectacular design. I do really like the film strip though. i guess it depends on how much it will be worth.. which will probably be out of my budget anyway.

I did want a cool box set for the three movies, would you guys recommend the jb hifi transforming box set? does it have any special features on there?

This ultimate boxset will be released January 31st (in America), and is said to include TF3 in 3D Bluray as a bonus.

Ace is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hi all,

The box set is available for pre order over at amazon.com now if anyone is interested?

Already pre ordered... Only $24 to ship by courier.

Amazon.com currently has it discounted down to US$105 (plus free shipping if you qualify)... which is probably cheaper than what it would cost to get the 4 movies (7 discs... 3xBluray movies + 3xBluray special feature discs + 1x3D Bluray movie) individually in this country. Plus you get a fancy case, autograph, and is limited to 5000 units.

The Amazon link lists all the bonus content of all 3 bluray movies, but the formatting is a bit messed up... so if you are wanting to see what the TF3 Bluray release (included in this boxset, and released separately) has as its bonus content, it has been transcribed here.
    It's pretty much 'behind the scenes' & pre-production stuff. I would have preferred to see deleted/extended scenes.... but maybe Bay is such an efficient visionary with his work that he never films anything that he doesn't use. Then again, filming extra stuff gives more flexibility during post-production, instead of trying to stitch together everything that was filmed, which can create visual and plot inconsistencies, omissions, or even complete contradictions.

It seems to be more common these days - if you want bonus content, you have to buy the more expensive bluray version. DVD editions now seem to be the "no frills" cheap release now, as they will ultimately be phased out for the HD and Digital mediums. (kinda like VHS... DVDs came out with expensive bonus content, accelerating the transition to the DVD medium)

Official Press Release of the above details, listing the individual 3D Bluray release (US$40) and the limited release Ultimate Trilogy pack (US$100)... on January 31st in America.

Michael Bay has released a video to show off the set and the autographs.