Thread: New Transformers Play-Doh set (world first)

Default New Transformers Play-Doh set (world first)

Why are our "world first" items always the crappy stuff or just redecos???

Anyway, since I couldn't find any sign of this being mentioned anywhere else in the world yet - as noted in the sightings section yesterday, I found a new, smaller Transformers Playdoh set at a BigW store for $12.

It contains 3 tubs of playdoh (blue, yellow, silver), a rolling pin, knife, a playmat, an Optimus Robot mould, 6 double-sided "pressing" moulds, and the handle to plug those moulds into.

This pic shows it next to the first, bigger Play-Doh set.

And the contents.

Each of the six double-sided moulds plug into the base of that grey handle, and can spin around to chose a robot shape or a vehicle shape (of each character). The red one has the two allegiance symbols on it.
    Yellow is Bumblebee, green is Starscream, purple is Optimus, blue is Megatron, and black is Ironhide. Each is very well detailed.

The blue Optimus Mould up the back is a hinged mould, that makes a fully moulded robot, front and back.

The neighbours kids (4 to 10) were "test-driving" both sets yesterday (with their own play-doh, so that mine didn't get all mixed up), and it kept them captivated for a couple hours, before they were called back.

bowspearer Guest

Going into this thread, I wasn't sure if it'd just be some tie in where there were lazy tf molds and that was that; but looking at the larger set, where you actually "transform" your Play-Doh sculpture, I have to say that it's brilliant.

Hasbro seem to be on a great winning streak with their toys marketed at kids aged 3-5 atm with both this and what they've done with Rescue Bots.

It'll be interesting to see how much of that carries over with the lines for 5+ from this point on.