Thread: Best Display Options

Post Best Display Options

Okay so I have run out of space on my display desk for my transformers and various other figures. I'm think about buying some shelves to put on my wall. Does anyone know or can recommend some good shelving options?

I recommend book cases. Actually, metal tool shelves surprisingly hold a LOT of toys per shelf - although they don't look nice and are wobbly... but they're cheap! But if you got the money to spend, go get some nice book cases.

You can check out Grapple's Creative Stuff and Collections to see how other people have their collections set up. Here is how my collection is set up (although those photos are pretty out of date now... ah well).

This "Recommended shelving" thread might also give you some ideas... but mostly people are talking about whole cabinets/bookcases, not just shelves on a wall (which suggests we have too many Transformers as shelves on a wall should be enough. )

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    (which suggests we have too many Transformers as shelves on a wall should be enough. )
    Heh.

Also fixed wall shelving doesn't allow you to move your display around as much as bookcases/cabinets. Although it does definitely occupy less room space.

Cheers guys, but yeah Im not really looking for a whole bookcase or cabinet as I am quite young, living with my parents and dont have much room. If my collections expands, and I get my own place then they will be a good option but at the moment Im just thinking of wall shelves as a temporary fix. But thank you anyway And to Goktimus, that is quite a collection you have

i used to have a wall mounted book shelf that ended up displaying most of my TFs worked well for quite a few years

there are shelving a racking options available at IKEA, as well as all the cabinets discussed. though I'm pretty sure they all require some drilling into the wall.

check out bunnings and howards storage world as well.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

yet again thanks guys, I'm thinking Ikea is probably a viable option