Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vote now for the 2011 Ozformer Awards

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Suggestion for the future: perhaps have a pre-award nomination round for things like Best Custom, as when it comes to the end of the year, I never remember any of them. It would be great to have a pre-period where we just chuck some of the names into a hat, and they could be on the survey to remind us, of course with the obligatory Other field too.
    Oh sorry I missed this. Yes this is a good idea.

I tried to do this with the news items this year. Previously it had just been open ended text which took a lot of extra work to process, so I tried to narrow it down to the most popular/discussed/evocative topics of the year.

I had planned as the year went on to keep a better track of news, so might do the same with customs and either post a list to shortlist at the start of December or include as many as possible. Putting together the post of all the board banners for the year took a while so that's all I had time for this year.

For international works (art, fanfic, customs) I'd only include those shared here - lest the list get long.

If someone wants to keep track of the third party items released in 2012 and can provide me with that, I can expand on those too, but haven't previously because I don't keep a good track of them (since I don't buy them) and I'm conscious about the 'promoting third-party items' stance (but on the same hand think there's enough interest in them to include them in the awards).

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Just ignore the favorite ones if you don't have one. That's what I did.

Suggestion for the future: perhaps have a pre-award nomination round for things like Best Custom, as when it comes to the end of the year, I never remember any of them. It would be great to have a pre-period where we just chuck some of the names into a hat, and they could be on the survey to remind us, of course with the obligatory Other field too.
    thats i good idea. maybe have a sticky thread for all the customs with links to the associated thread, like how the Collection threads are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    As Griffin pointed out, it is in both best and worst categories, and that is because it's a bit of news, when you include the words 'Michael Bay', people had strong opinions about either way.
    I would think myself lucky to even see Transformers on the big screen in any form. Some people are just too picky.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy_josh View Post
    I would think myself lucky to even see Transformers on the big screen in any form. Some people are just too picky.
    +1
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Voting has now closed. Come back tomorrow for the results.

Oh, so curious
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Voting has now closed. Come back tomorrow for the results.
    I'm gonna stay up all night for this! XD