Page 101 of 154 FirstFirst ... 819196979899100101102103104105106111121 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Bill Paxton just died, due to complications from heart surgery.

He was only 61, but I didn't realise he was that old.

I remember him best from Twister (the main guy in that movie), Apollo 13 (in the capsule), True Lies (the ladies man), and from Aliens (the Space Marine who had a bit of a breakdown when they lost half their team at the Reactor).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Bill Paxton just died, due to complications from heart surgery.

He was only 61, but I didn't realise he was that old.

I remember him best from Twister (the main guy in that movie), Apollo 13 (in the capsule), True Lies (the ladies man), and from Aliens (the Space Marine who had a bit of a breakdown when they lost half their team at the Reactor).
    One of only 2 actors whose characters were killed by a Terminator, a Predator and a Xenomorph (Alien series), Lance Henrikson being the other.

The man had some acting chops, and pretty spot-on comedic timing.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Finally got around to watching Inside Out. What a great film! That pink imaginary friend (Bing Bong) had TONNES more character development than every single Transformer in the live action movie franchise put together - I'm not even exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Finally got around to watching Inside Out. What a great film! That pink imaginary friend (Bing Bong) had TONNES more character development than every single Transformer in the live action movie franchise put together - I'm not even exaggerating.
    Bay, Bay, Bay. Don't be so hard on the guy.
    The G1 cartoons and that thinly disguised Star Wars KO of a movie were exactly the same, yet that crap is venerated.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Zootopia is another great kids film if you've missed that as well.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Character development is always linked back to Bay...

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Zootopia is another great kids film if you've missed that as well.
    Inside out and Zootopia were both brilliant, while I enjoyed Finding Dory, both of those films were far superior. Too bad they are PG so we can't watch them during wet weather at schools.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Hacksaw Ridge
    Gibson does it again! Who knew Garfield could act?
    10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    The G1 cartoons and that thinly disguised Star Wars KO of a movie were exactly the same, yet that crap is venerated.
    I've never venerated the G1 cartoons. I've always preferred the G1 comics and you all know that I don't really care that much about G1 cartoon likeness on toys either. I never display my MP Grimlock with blue eyes, only toy/comic accurate red eyes all the way, baby! Having said that, the G1 cartoon eps didn't have a US$200 million budget and they had to pander to Hasbro's demands to sell toys. Bay is given much more creative freedom where Hasbro models its toys after what Bay creates. And we've seen even greater creative freedom since Aaron Archer stepped down.

And Bay has been doing this gig for 10 years now with no sign of improvement. There are people who are FAR harsher on George Lucas on his work on the SW Prequels despite the fact that it was a far shorter run, and there was signs of improvement between each film.
    e.g. Jar Jar Binks
    * Ep 1: Bloody useless nuisance who wasted screen time.
    * Ep 2: Far less screen time and role was used more wisely (e.g. helping Palpatine to pass the Clone Army act).
    * Ep 3: Appears for a few seconds at Padmé's state funeral. Zero dialogue.
    Lucas isn't perfect, but he tries. All the complaints about Age of Extinction have mostly existed since the first movie, only that they've gotten worse rather than better. The first movie was the best one, but things went downhill from there IMHO.

That comment was for those of us who regularly post silly memes about G1 v Bay on Facebook looking for social validation.:thumbs up:
    Mind boggling considering the whole franchise is built on the notion of changing forms...

Star Wars improved? I feel as though it actively regressed as the sequels were released. Jar Jar aside,
    -There were hardly any improvements in the performances & the scripts were just as cringe-worthy.
    -The story played second fiddle to how many droids we could squeeze into a single frame. Obi Wan and Anakin floating above the lave duelling? Cock it, let's throw a droid in there too Why? Because I can, that's why.
    -Then there's the whole movie being filmed in a green room.

You could release an entire 3 hour movie with Jabba the Hut dedicated to the benefits of a paleo diet and crowds wold still flock to watch it, aaaand it would still be a better film than the prequels.