Page 84 of 154 FirstFirst ... 6474798081828384858687888994104 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans - A surprisingly accurate re-telling of what you read in the 'Warcraft II Manual' which basically explains the lore events of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. In addition, they are also telling the beginnings of Thrall's tale which takes place in this time period (although first introduced after Warcraft II in the cancelled 'Warcraft Adventures'.)

Pros: Visually works and story is easy to follow and enjoyable if you are into the game. Extremely accurate to lore and this is probably it's best asset as well as the biggest flaw. If you are familiar with Warcraft, you will see a lot of big players in the background which are a bit low key during this period but will have a big role in later movies (assuming the next instalments will be as game lore accurate)

Cons: Stylistic presentation may be a turn off. Story wise, given that Orcs and Humans is a very early DOS RTS and that most of the lore was actually in the manual, story is a bit thin and not as 'epic' as one may expect it to be. This would turn off someone who is after a big fantasy epic.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Warcraft: Orcs and Humans - A surprisingly accurate re-telling of what you read in the 'Warcraft II Manual' which basically explains the lore events of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. In addition, they are also telling the beginnings of Thrall's tale which takes place in this time period (although first introduced after Warcraft II in the cancelled 'Warcraft Adventures'.)

Pros: Visually works and story is easy to follow and enjoyable if you are into the game. Extremely accurate to lore and this is probably it's best asset as well as the biggest flaw. If you are familiar with Warcraft, you will see a lot of big players in the background which are a bit low key during this period but will have a big role in later movies (assuming the next instalments will be as game lore accurate)

Cons: Stylistic presentation may be a turn off. Story wise, given that Orcs and Humans is a very early DOS RTS and that most of the lore was actually in the manual, story is a bit thin and not as 'epic' as one may expect it to be. This would turn off someone who is after a big fantasy epic.
    I was hoping they were going to keep it accurate to World of Warcraft's lore.

Just watched Warcraft. Visually gorgeous. I've always loved Blizzard's designs. Story went nowhere. Script was plain. Actors did the best they could. One for the fans only.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    I was hoping they were going to keep it accurate to World of Warcraft's lore.
    Well, it is accurate to Warcraft lore more than World of Warcraft since that is a much later game. This is the story of the first ever Warcraft game from early 90s.

There is one WoW retcon that is visible though, the Dreanai look like boring Navi as per WoW retcon rather than the originally mole like people as they were introduced in Warcraft III.

Those original two Warcraft games were my favourites in the 90s, playing them several times.... it makes me want to go play them again.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Well, it is accurate to Warcraft lore more than World of Warcraft since that is a much later game. This is the story of the first ever Warcraft game from early 90s.

There is one WoW retcon that is visible though, the Dreanai look like boring Navi as per WoW retcon rather than the originally mole like people as they were introduced in Warcraft III.
    Indeed. I'm just a massive fan of the World of Warcraft World. I was somewhat hoping it was going to follow it 100%. Even though I knew it wasn't based on it. Just that fanboy in me -- But either way, it was a 10/10 for me. I thought it was amazing.

Watched part of Superman v Batman last night. Don't understand all the hate this movie got. It was actually quite entertaining.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Watched part of Superman v Batman last night. Don't understand all the hate this movie got. It was actually quite entertaining.
    Apparently Zack Snyder hates us all and wants to watch the world burn...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I thought it was okay... certainly not disappointed with it like many others said they were.
    I thought it dragged out a little, but set up the DC universe well, while trying to play catchup with Marvel.
    I think most were expecting something like the Marvel movies, and set the bar too high... but Marvel took a different approach, and even their first one (Hulk) is one that very few people remember or watched.

Did you watch the extended cut or theatrical?