Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transformer toys - Hopes & wants for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post

1) What single toy are you most looking forward to (that's already been confirmed eg. TFP Voyager Starscream)?

2) What single toy are you praying comes out in 2012?

3) Are you excited about the Transformers Prime toys hitting Australia?

4) Are you interested in any of this years Botcon toys?

5) Do you think 2012 will be a good year for Transformers toys in general?

6) Do you have any Transformer toy goals in 2012?
    1) None really that I know about.

2) Would love Classics back I need my Trailbreaker and Hoist and lets not forget Skids

3) I am a little. But as always I will have them all before they even hit Australia.

4)No not at all

5)I hope its a good year. Its a Movie free year so I hope for the best. So far I have enjoyed all the Movie free years.

6) Just to get what I like

1) What single toy are you most looking forward to (that's already been confirmed eg. TFP Voyager Starscream)? There aren't any if going by confirmed toys only. If unconfirmed, I would say anything related to Fall Of Cybertron

2) What single toy are you praying comes out in 2012? As above

3) Are you excited about the Transformers Prime toys hitting Australia? Not really although I am pleased to see any Transformers on store shelves.

4) Are you interested in any of this years Botcon toys? Not in the slightest

5) Do you think 2012 will be a good year for Transformers toys in general? Judging by what we have seen so far, I'd have to say 'NO'.

6) Do you have any Transformer toy goals in 2012? I see this year as being fairly lean purchase wise so I'll just be spending my time revisiting the toys that I already have.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    2) Would love Classics back I need my Trailbreaker and Hoist and lets not forget Skids
    Gears, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw and a proper G1 Soundwave too. Oh, and give us a bloody decent release of Frenzy and Rumble!! Then finally the first year collection will be complete

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I regret nothing!

I was simply curious, and completely get what you mean. And I'm the biggest (I cant think of the word right now, like ironically biased) when it comes to Transformers. And my love of the BW toys stems from my love of the BW characters.

Back on topic - 2012: year of the Dragon... Masterpiece TM2 Megatron!!!
    Ah goodo. Out of interest, when you watched that Prime episode I recommended, did you watch any of the following episodes which show the Decepticon [spoiler]Breakdown[/spoiler]? I can imagine an awesome toy using his mold as a Botcon Rhinox, say if they did another Dawn of Future's Past type set. What do you think?

1) What single toy are you most looking forward to (that's already been confirmed eg. TFP Voyager Starscream)?
    I'm with Hursti on this one, TFP Deluxe Soundwave all the way! I'm hopeful this guy will be a tall deluxe like TFA Lockdown, this will put him in scale with the others and negate the need for a Voyager class. There's really not much meat to this character so deluxe should be more than adequate, and I imagine that like TFA Soundwave, he'll come with Laserbeak (there's really no excuse for it not to, Laserbeak IS part of the character more than he's ever been).

2) What single toy are you praying comes out in 2012? Commander Class Classics Sharkticon. Later to be repainted into a battle damaged variant!

3) Are you excited about the Transformers Prime toys hitting Australia? I really enjoyed the latter half of the Transformers Prime show and am now extremely excited about the toys! I haven't seen any IRL but like Animated, they seem to do a great job of capturing their on-screen selves which is brilliant to see.

4) Are you interested in any of this years Botcon toys? Not so much the box set toys but I'm still excited to see the other exclusives. I was initially excited about [spoiler]Treadshot[/spoiler] as I thought he'd make a good stand in Nightbeat but after looking at my darker Chinese G1 Nightbeat, the blue doesn't even match up to him. I really hope Octopunch[/spoiler] turns out well as I love the G1 toy and I think the chosen mold could really work for him!

I'm pretty optimistic about Transformers toys in 2012. Can't wait to get my hands on the Prime toys and anything else is a bonus really!

My sig reveals all!

[/QUOTE]

1. TF:Prime Soundwave
    2. At this point I'll settle for just getting something new.
    3. Yes, I can't wait
    4. From what I've seen/ read about not really. But I never have been aside from the Animated ones.
    5. I hope so. I really do. But I thought last year would be good as well.
    6. I wouldn't mind completeing my Energon, Animated and Masterpiece lines.

Another TFP Soundwave fan, good stuff. Looking at some pics of him online, he does indeed come with Laserbeak/Buzzsaw!

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Ah goodo. Out of interest, when you watched that Prime episode I recommended, did you watch any of the following episodes which show the Decepticon [spoiler]Breakdown[/spoiler]? I can imagine an awesome toy using his mold as a Botcon Rhinox, say if they did another Dawn of Future's Past type set. What do you think?
    A big chunky armored jeep thing? For sure!

I didn't like the construction-esk forms of the 2006 DOFP figures, especially Dinobot, and I don't think I'm alone there. When I get my own pre-BW comic published, I'll keep the mold in mind when Don Figueroa asks what I think Rhinox should look like

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I suppose that the Voyager starscream would be what i'm most looking forward to, if the deluxe engineering is as awesome as they say, how good is the Voyager mould going to be!!?
    Also looking forward to the Deluxe Soundwave, the concept of a Predator as a well designed transformers toy is very exciting.

DOTM leader Megatron I think, This character needs an earth mode leader toy to match the ROTF Prime.
    I really like the idea of a re-issue Overlord too.

Hell Yes. I love the show, and I'm enjoying the aesthetic. I really hope we get the First edition released here as I want to support these guys being released in australia. If they don't turn up here, I'll be putting in a bbts order post haste.

Sort of, I was initially a bit nonplussed but the box set is growing on me and so are the other rumoured exclusives. the thought of the Soundwave having the issues of ironhide and ratchet fixed is very interesting and the seperate headband sounds really interesting too. Overall while I'm not familiar with many of the characters especially the pretender homages, I like most of the moulds they are using a lot.
    I also think this bodes well for future Botcon sets in that we finally have no Unicron Trilogy toys in this years set at all, all classics/ish which makes me think the next few years worth of Botcon toys are going to at least be fantastic moulds.

I think so, especially with the Prime toys coming out, it's a line with great potential, in all size classes, I just hope it lives up to that potential.
    As for the Follow up movie trilogy toys, hoepfully we see some more standouts that we may not have heard of yet, especially in the larger Human alliance scale.

6) Do you have any Transformer toy goals in 2012? [/B]

several:
    As I've mentioned I have a huge backlog of unopened toys:

1) Gradually open up all of my remaining animated Transformers and put them on display. Part of this will be to start a review blog. something I've never done but I think I'm in a fairly unique position to do this with the animated line since more than 80 % of my figures are still MISB.

2) Get hold of some transformers Prime toys

3) set up a bit of a photo studio/lightbox in the garage and do some transformers photography. this ties in with my review plans. I also plan to use this space as s workshop, hopefully finally doing a couple Transformers customs.

4)re-populate my display cabinet since moving.

5) finish my distance learning course and finally get hold of my set aside till I finish it Transformers.

6) Spend some time with transformers I have already opened up, appreciate what I already have.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

TFC Hercules (last 2), Spacepet.... and the big one a set of Spacepet.... (cant give too much away)

TF United:
    Trailbreaker
    Skids
    Hoist
    Bluestreak (i.e. in Blue
    Topspin
    Twin Twist
    Omega Supreme

Yes and No - yes because it will get rid of DOTM toys, and no because they will be twice the cost of anywhere else in the world.

No

Yes if they do more classics

6) Do you have any Transformer toy goals in 2012?[/B][/QUOTE]

All my goals are Spacepet goals which will help the collector with their goals