Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Comic review: Robots in Disguise ongoing

Yeah, Skywarp has become forgotten, but then again Starscream's black whatever-it-was on his chest disappeared for a few issues before returning in this one.

Good to see Metroplex not being killed off in this issue, I know most writers don't like overpowered TFs, but Omega Supreme and Metroplex have go to have their places in the series.

Otherwise it is good to finally see this storyline being wrapped up. I can't handle another Scoop berating Starscream session anymore.

Would be great if Skywarp got some sort of power up via the ore and all and became a major threat / villain for a while. Teleporting himself with the speed of Nightcrawler, teleporting away anything that tries to hit him, being able to remotely teleport his foes around, or just parts of them! What happens when the dumb strong grunt follower becomes the most powerful Decepticon on Cybertron? Could be an interesting story.

Why couldn't all the crossover been as interesting and well drawn as the last two chapters (10 & 11) have been? I really liked the MTMTE issue, but this one, with the escalation of violence, is the kind of action that would have made the first 9 parts better. Maybe it's an artist thing, or maybe it's just that it's at the crucial part of the story now? Anyway a good chapter that makes me excited for the finale.

Finished the latest issue today. Does anyone else see the humor in that they killed off the only Bumblebee people haven't been constantly complaining about?

You can really see Megatron going through some realizations in this issue; remembering who he was. I tend to enjoy the 'redeemed villain' archetype and Megs has a lot of potential to go really interesting places.

So Brainstorm had a portal inside him - not sure how that is related to the Life Sign reader dropping to '1' at the start of the issue.

One less Bumblebee in the multiverse the better I suppose. Also he was "killed" in such an obvious way that the page turn shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone, and it had such an easy "get out of death free" card in play that it won't be the last we see of him.

So it seems when Brainstorm touched Nova Prime he was killed/linked to the Dead Universe's oddness, in that way that you're not really dead but can have a portal between worlds in your chest. That whole thing is weird. I wondered if it's no some way connected to him carrying the briefcase around afterwards and the green spark he picked up on Luna 1. We'll see in MTMTE, I don't think Roberts is letting Brainstorm go anywhere soon.

The last two issues have been far superior to everything DC related previously released combined.

I was mildly surprised but gladdened by the death of Bumblebee, I was of the opinion he would be the one "offed" but was also expecting a curveball with Magnus. We will see him back sometime, possibly when Starscream needs to be given a lesson in about 12 months, but he will not be missed after treading water on the RiD title for so long.
    While DC #10 was character driven, this was certainly more action driven and I think the change was needed and utilised well.

Prowlestator will be a common occurance if the June previews are any indication, that will be either a very interesting subplot, unless Barber decides to gloss it over for "politcs".

Some beautiful art again, the colouring and letters are better than any other comic I've seen in years.

With the final issue due next, It eels there is still too much to do, unless Megatron/Prime can knock everything out in a punch or two. I know Roberts does not enjoy or utilise big battles well, prefering the build up and aftermath, but its been too long since some good ol' fisticuffs.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I like the redemption of Megs. I hope that Hasbro doesn't have a change of mind and make him a villain again in a hurry.

I also agree with the artwork being so much better than earlier DC issues. The Cybertron parts in the earlier parts was just so plain, and the artist could not keep to the one character model.

What toy is Megatron currently based on in the comic books?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
    What toy is Megatron currently based on in the comic books?
    None. But possibly the Leader class Megatron toy on the Hasbro database list alongside the leader Jetfire.

I'm all for redemption of villains (it's the Criminologist in me ), but this is Megatron we're talking about... the Hitler of Transformers who has been guilty of mass-murder and genocide in just about every story universe, including this one (which had him written as a working-class revolutionary in the pre-history stories). It is difficult to easily accept him being "good" without suspecting that it is just a deception for his own benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'm all for redemption of villains (it's the Criminologist in me ), but this is Megatron we're talking about... the Hitler of Transformers who has been guilty of mass-murder and genocide in just about every story universe, including this one (which had him written as a working-class revolutionary in the pre-history stories). It is difficult to easily accept him being "good" without suspecting that it is just a deception for his own benefit.
    I think it's a fantastic plot device, and we know Roberts will do an amazing job with it - Megatron as the only Decepticon on a spaceship full of Autobots - what could go wrong? Meggy's point in MTMTE #27 was that he was at his best when he was still a nonviolent revolutionary, before he started the war (and the first word of his motto is "peace"). It reminds me of Transformers UK#83, which is still one of the best TF comics ever.