Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Board server problems (2nd June).

Others are also having problems with accessing the server. It seems that the new security screening measures/settings of the new server is blocking people too easily. It even blocked the proxy browser I was using an hour ago.
    Have sent a message to the server admin, requesting that the blocking setting either be turned down, or off.

I am still having issues linking pictures, I get an Internal Server error everytime I do. Sigs seem to work fine however even though they are originating from the same source as the pics.

Tried to do this before I went to work tonigh, but failed to work around the problem with posting or emailing links.
    Am home early from work due to a *minor* injury, and will try to get this message out to as many as I can before I go to bed.

I have set up an off-site back-up option for the board and domain, for people to be able to refer to if ever they can't access the main site, like now. It is a yahoo group, for the purpose of posting notices and updates of any problems the board is having, and doesn't require membership to view postings on it. If you wanted to post there for some reason, you would need to register and be activated.

au.groups.yahoo.com/group/otca/

The new server appears to be too agressive with its blacklisting of IPs, and until the host admin is able to adjust it (will call them up again tomorrow), I can't do anything from my end for those who are being blocked.
    I'd suggest using a proxy browser, but the one I used today has now been blocked as well, so I can't even recommend that either.

In case I can't get the message system to work from the board, please pass on the link to others.