Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: February Finds

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Geez since you want photos

Bought a few items at Mandarake yesterday:

Incomplete Micromaster base C-330 (missing three micromasters and two ramps). Not worried about the micromasters as I should have some spares at the ramps shouldnt be hard to find but everything else is there.

Go-Shooter rings MOSC - a crease on the top of it but thats it. Pretty cheap compared to ebay

The 'Return of Comvoy' Famicon game was bought in HK but I forgot to take a pic of it. Also Parallax TFX-05 was bought in HK too.

The two books Ghost in the Shell SAC visual book - bought the other books after this (SAC2 and SSS) but missed out on the first one as I took my time buying them.

Queens Blade Perfect Visual hardcover book - bought it because I could
    I'd like to say it was a surprise you bought the girlie bracelets but it's not

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I'd like to say it was a surprise you bought the girlie bracelets but it's not
    Well the stuff you like was on the fourth floor

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Feel like several Christmas's came at once today!

Very fast first impressions:

Cliffjumper: Fun transformation, amazing lack of kibble, best Autobot so far

Bumblebee: Gorgeous bot mode, bleh alt mode, AMAZING light piping on the eyes, plastic is solid but feels like you could break him due to poor design (had to use a gateau fork to split the chest pieces), wish more parts locked in place

Prime: Ridiculous level of detail in bot mode, the legs are blue NOT purple *phew*, so damn solid and sturdy, rubbish sword

Bulky: Shiiiiny, face sculpt better than expected, odd leg proportions, not as fun to play with as Cliff, Vehicon and Prime but not as lame as Bee, TFA Bulky remains king!

All in all, I'm super impressed with these toys so far. Even the ones that aren't all that fun to play with imo (Bee & Bulky) are still amazing to look at. In terms of flat out fun, I still can't go past Vehicon. His transformation is simply epic!

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Indeed, Arcee has been quite a big help on the subject; the current 'new' Ongoing's is indeed what I was referring to though.

Checkout my collection here man (3rd last pic), I think you'll be proud ; Have you got the B&W Titan Reprints? - It's my understanding they collect the the very tail-end of the UK stuff - worth obtaining in your opinion?
    Colour is great, but so can B&W and especially if the line-art is good.
    Nice stuff there, man. Great collection all round!

But............I HAVE to say it. I see Lion Voltron, but no Vehicle Voltron. That's just plain unacceptable. :P

Nice collection of the Titan stuff.

The thing to keep in mind for the Earthforce material Titan collected, is that it's NOT at normal tpb size. It's at 'digest' size, so a little bit smaller than your average manga, dimension-wise.

Now, that's not necessarily a bad thing, as the art isn't that detailed, it was originally in black and white anyway, and the lettering isn't that dense, so it's all still easy to see and read.

It is a tad annoying to read, as the paperstock is VERY thick. It's almost card-like. Once you get used to that, they're fine though.

The material itself (which I assume you've read anyway) is pretty good, so I think they're worth it, especially considering that IDW will take at least 2 years to get to it, if sales hold on UK Classics (absolute guesstimate on my part, but surely at least 18 months?)

I wouldn't pay too much for them, but for now, I reckon they're worthwhile.

Fresh from Japan
    - it feels so good to finally have another Transformer purchase since the last in December and .. October.

Doubledealer - those all Japanese versions of Prime toys?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Doubledealer - those all Japanese versions of Prime toys?
    Indeed! Probs gonna go 100% Takara for this line. Would love to see some clearer shots of Starscream if you have the time mate.

Thanks to Sarquiss for this guy:

And wow! only 3 days of February and it's already 5 pages long!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    But............I HAVE to say it. I see Lion Voltron, but no Vehicle Voltron. That's just plain unacceptable. :P
    We've disagreed on occasion however this ^ I have to agree with
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Doubledealer: Gah, I see TakaraTOMY didn't fix the problem with Bumblebee's breast plates as I had hoped they had (since the toy is packaged in robot mode with the little breast panels split). Oh well, glad I didn't get a TakTOM FE Bumblebee then (cos I already have the HAS version)... the only thing about the TakTOM version that vaguely interested me was the possibility of improved breast panels. But if you had to use a tool to pry them apart, then they sound just as bad as on the Hasbro version.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Doubledealer: Gah, I see TakaraTOMY didn't fix the problem with Bumblebee's breast plates as I had hoped they had (since the toy is packaged in robot mode with the little breast panels split). Oh well, glad I didn't get a TakTOM FE Bumblebee then (cos I already have the HAS version)... the only thing about the TakTOM version that vaguely interested me was the possibility of improved breast panels. But if you had to use a tool to pry them apart, then they sound just as bad as on the Hasbro version.
    Strange isn't it, worst case of cosmic tightness I've seen since TFA Ratbat (whose head I clean snapped off on first transformation ). See Gok, this is what happens when Ratchet isn't included in the first lot of figures. Who's gonna fix them??

Is it possible to split the Hasbro Bee chest or are you (understandably) too scared to try? Main reason I bought the Takara version was for the richer yellow paint job (I could be wrong but from pics the Hasbro version looks duller like Classics Sunstreaker is to the Henkei version). How about that lightpiping on Bee though...Glorious, simply glorious!