Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of Cybertron figures! (images added - post 21)

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Considering we're not a significant proportion of their target markets? We're treated alright. It seems like when you're talking about "how shabbily [Hasbro treats you]" you actually mean "Hasbro isn't doing exactly what I want, and thus, I am offended."
    I stand by what I said. Hasbro has made their choices & a lot of them are bad for the collector with cash to burn. I understand they had to push the DOTM garbage but when I look at what the 3rd parties are doing they are catering to the fan of Transformers. I am not a fan of Hasbro or Takara I am a fan of "Transformers" & if a 3rd party produces a item that fits my needs & wants then I will buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Look at Generations, which are G1 character toys, some of them were quite obscure characters you never expected to see as toys again, or ever. Is that not good enough?
    I have no problem with Generations except that they have not released them fast enough for my liking. Would Hasbro do a Generations Insecticons? Highly unlikely due to their alt modes but there are 3rd parties out there that saw that gap in the market & tapped into it.

I will clarify that I do not support KO's however a well thought out 3rd party product can enhance a collection.

I think the sales increases that Hasbro quotes are their sales to retailers, not retail sales to consumers... kinda like how recording artists earn gold or platinum awards from the amounts sold to retailers, not to consumers (often before a CD has even been sold).
    It's clear from the amount of stock we saw on shelves mid-year that they had indeed sold a lot more stock than ever before, but with minimal restocking to retailers in the last 6 months of last year, the total sales for the year is unlikely to have beaten RotF year (2009) or even 2010. Just look at how many figures (like Dlx W6 & W7) were either cancelled or had their production numbers cut back so much, that they are almost impossible to find. (and what happened to our Mirage/Dino toy... it's a main cast character - there's no way that they didn't have a convertible Mirage toy in the works)

And yes, I am a bit cynical of the Toyfair mechanism, which forces toy companies to change winning formulas to "keep it fresh" for retailers who don't care about brand longevity, and then they have to convince those retailers to buy up based on past sales... which we've seen hurts a brand like ours, by having early waves clogging shelves, limiting turnover of new items for us consumers and limiting profit for the retailers.

More pictures, this time Onslaught:

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...-figure/23932/

As one would expect, the figure has been compromised to accommodate the combining gimmick with the biggest impact being in the truck mode. The back of the vehicle mode has that 'G1 Kup' horse shoe shape with a big gap at the back but overall I don't mind it.

However I am unsure of how proportionate, stable and articulated the Gestalt will be. So far I am noticing a couple of 'less than optimized' design queues but we shall see.

More pics from TFW here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ticons-174325/
    Last edited by kup; 8th February 2012 at 02:21 PM.

As of late I would consider these one of the better lines if not the best line to collect. I like the look of both modes despite the slight allowances for gesalt joining. I definitely prefer this over the Prime line because of the more balanced styling (JLA doesn't do it for me). I'm not saying the Prime line is bad as it has some nice figures which I am collecting, I just prefer a more balanced look.

Hmmm that toy does not really translate Onslaught from the CGI image well, the toy looks skinny and full on panels while the CGI representation it was based from is all bulky... looks also small - deluxe sized perhaps hmmmm

So far all 3 land based combaticons have shown up, they better up the ante with the 2 air vehicles

Isnt it weird that it's always Bruticus/ combaticons which seem to be the most issued out combiner? Even in G1 it was the combiner n=most reissued across different lines as well - RiD, Energon... someone in Hasbro really likes Bruticus I guess.. not much love for any of the Autobot combiners.... I wouldnt mind a Cybertronian Computron as they can clearly get away with futuristic designs with those figures, but so far no dice.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Onslaught looks good; the clearer image of Bruticus looks even better

From what we have seen so far, there is nothing Hasbro can do to stuff this up IMO. I'm even considering buying doubles so I can display Bruticus with my other WFC / FOC toys and keep a set sealed.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Foc Bruticus on TFW2005 as well as Blast-Off and Vortex

Looks like the connect in a similar way to PCC (minus the bright blue pegs)

Loving this whole set, but Vortex just doesn't seem right in those colours. He looks more like a flying Rampage.

Hmm, well I was hopiing for Onslaught to be a voyager, as in WFC he was one of the larger chunkier fellows, buuuut considering how the Gens dont get no boyagers, I guess it was optimistic at best. Still, they have managed to bulk up the front of the truck at the vaery least. With a large bit of blammo action on the back he should be cool. At the very least fun to play with.

Vortex and Blastoff look excessively bright comared to the others though.

I do like the look of Blast off. Onsluaght could do with a bit moe shoulder bulk. Hopefully mistransformed.

Still, since I have a love for Cybertronian modes, definitely a get for me!

Gotta say I still think I prefer that other not entirely Hasbro Bruticus. I wonder if there's anyway to push those connectors in a little.

However the individual toys look decent, not entirely in love with them, but it's nice to see them release a full team of Decepticons rather than token ones.

Not sure about Blast Off's altmode, it's edging a bit close to Movie Starscream rocklord with those colours.

I'm hoping Shockwave will be the star of this wave for me though.