Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of Cybertron figures! (images added - post 21)

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    RotF Legends Devastator was quite good too, if on a much smaller scale.
    Yeah but he is static in combined form. Very good for Legends and certainly better value than the horrid big one but people would expect more of a combiner composed of deluxe figures.

I figured we'd get one of the Combaticons in this line but all of them? and they combine?! Plus we're getting Shockwave?! Holy god damn mother of etc.

The other interesting factor here is that it's a lot of bad guys to have in a product run. 6 Cons vs 2 Bots for FOC? That's also against Hasbro's usual way of doing things. And not even a repaint/remold of WFC Bumblebee in sight!

Did they get a new CEO and didn't tell anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post

Remember how there was an announcement of a new CEO (or someone high up the chain) taking charge? Since they say that there is a 2 year cycle for the development of new products before release, perhaps we are only beginning to see his 'contribution' now.

However I advise caution, we don't want to get our hopes up and then Hasbro announces something ridiculous like what happened with the TF Prime figures.

The other interesting factor here is that it's a lot of bad guys to have in a product run. 6 Cons vs 2 Bots for FOC? That's also against Hasbro's usual way of doing things. And not even a repaint/remold of WFC Bumblebee in sight!

Also interesting is that from the looks of things the other 3 Combaticons would have to be new moulds.
    If they were going to do what they did in Energon and have only 3 moulds per combiner then the normal thing for them to do would be to have Brawl and Swindle sharing a mould, but they have separate mould. Logically the other 2 limb Combaticons would be different too.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Yep, the First Edition mess with the Prime toys is a big black mark against them for this year. I don't understand the logic in designing and molding the same characters slightly differently in such a short space of time? Really annoyed with myself for not picking up some of the FE figures now that we've seen how bad the mainline releases are. Can't believe they made Bumblebee worse.

Swindle looks fairly mistransformed in those pics too. So it's a safe bet that the Bruticus' torso isn't quite right either. Hasbro has a long proud history of using mistransformed figures for it's promotional pics

Can't believe they made Bumblebee worse.
    Haha yeah, at least FE Bee looks awesome despite being a horrid toy to play with. I wouldn't be surprised if Revealer Bee were the much funner toy overall but aesthetically, it's just so wrong. Good for a laugh at least!

Was it 8 new toys or 8 new moulds?

We so far have 8 don't we - Optimus, Jazz, Shockwave, Brawl, Swindle, and the expected Vortex, Onslaught and Blast Off.
    If we are also supposed to have Grimlock, and hopefully other Dinobots, some of those would have to be redecos just to give us 8 new moulds.

And having Decepticons outnumbering Autobots would probably be a first, but will make up for the lack of Decepticons in RtS, and outnumbering in Generations so far.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Was it 8 new toys or 8 new moulds?
    Possibly both. The only figure who already has a toy from WFC is Optimus.
    But Prime is different in the 2 games so he could very well be a new mould as well.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|