Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of Cybertron figures! (images added - post 21)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    I don't see how a FOC Bruticus makes the FP Bruticus redundant in any way, no more than FOC Jazz would replace Classics Jazz.
    The difference is that three of those are real Transformers and one is 40% not. Classics/Energon Bruticus Maximus is not a great toy. Hopefully this one will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I'll never understand why Hasbro release one wave in massive quantities while restocking with subsequent waves with comparatively tiny quantities. I mean seriously who does these guys numbers? They do it all the time to, again and again.

That said I did notice Toys R Us Miranda actually had no Deluxe TF's at all, while Big W stocked only Prime and Bumblebee.
    I think that is local Hasbro only. Overseas by the sound of it seem much more evenly done.

Glad to see that Miranda has begun to clear them, the stores around my area are still saturated but they have begun to amass them all into one corner to make room for other non TF lines.

I'm with Quickstrike on the distribution - there's basically nothing on shelves here.

Maybe a few jetwing Primes hanging around for $150 in Targets and K Marts but that's it.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I think that is local Hasbro only. Overseas by the sound of it seem much more evenly done.

Glad to see that Miranda has begun to clear them, the stores around my area are still saturated but they have begun to amass them all into one corner to make room for other non TF lines.
    And I'd still like to get a Deluxe movie Soundwave, but looks like buckley's chance of that locally.

But getting back to these toys, I'd still like to see more of this Bruiticus toy before I start handing out any congratulations to Hasbro. Head and Shoulders could mean anything. Mind you a proper Onslaught would be great, not a fan of any of his previous incarnations since the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I'll never understand why Hasbro release one wave in massive quantities while restocking with subsequent waves with comparatively tiny quantities. I mean seriously who does these guys numbers? They do it all the time to, again and again..
    I believe that's retailers ordering stuff in through Hasbro AU, then sitting on a pile of unsold, overstocked wave 1/1.5/2 guys and not ordering again.

I believe Griffin mentioned once that Hasbro AU told him that Kmart AU ordered lots of Wave 1 yellow box TF2010, which is why they took a long time to get other waves in.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

What I'm hoping for it a nice Bruticus. Upgraded by FP to an AWESOME Bruticus

I'm hoping for an awesome bruticus that doesn't need the help of any 3rd party to make it better
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

I'm so tired of all this 3rd party nonsense. Why can't these companies differentiate themselves like the Transformers & Gobots did back in the day? Make your own show and/or comic, create your own damn characters and stop stealing others intellectual property! /rant

their bot modes seem a bit iffy but swindle's weird body shape is in the concept art. not a fan of how scrawny their arms are but their vehicle modes are pretty swell.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I believe that's retailers ordering stuff in through Hasbro AU, then sitting on a pile of unsold, overstocked wave 1/1.5/2 guys and not ordering again.

I believe Griffin mentioned once that Hasbro AU told him that Kmart AU ordered lots of Wave 1 yellow box TF2010, which is why they took a long time to get other waves in.

Close. Every Toyfair (in around March), Hasbro (all toy companies really) pressure retailers to pre-order as much as they can convince them toy buy, and using the success of the second movie, Hasbro were able to fool the Retailers into thinking that the third movie toys would be even more successful. Retailers bought up big, and they got burnt.
    Now the kids, fans and collectors suffer because retailers cancel any future stock orders they signed up to at Toyfair, and lose money on the brand by clearing stock out at a loss... making it less likely to order new stock of that brand when they finally do clear their shelves.

"fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me"