Thread: JP Winter festival Ice-sculpture of TFPrime Optimus

Default JP Winter festival Ice-sculpture of TFPrime Optimus

Between February 8th to 12th, at the Japanese Asahikawa Winter festival, there will be a giant snow sculpture of TFPrime Optimus, 16 meters high.

The link here shows some construction photos, which required some heavy earth-moving equipment to create the snowmound, and scaffolding to sculpt out the huge creation.

Funny to note that it took a month to construct, and and will only be on display for 5 days.

The snow sculpture has been completed. Huge and impressive, but not as detailed as I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The snow sculpture has been completed. Huge and impressive, but not as detailed as I was expecting.
    Is there any high-res close-up photos? I can only see one photo in that link, perhaps there's more details that we can't see from that angle.

Looks more like Ultra Magnus to me.

More pics have surfaced, showing more detail of the main Optimus Snow sculpture, as well as some extra ones added - TFPrime Megatron, TFPrime Bumblebee and Movie Bumblebee.

They look really nice.
    (I wonder if airbrushing food colouring on them would have made them look nicer, or would end up having the colours bleed together through the water molecules.)