Page 116 of 183 FirstFirst ... 96106111112113114115116117118119120121126136 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I want one.
    I want it so badly.
    I can put it in my shopping basket but can't checkout.
    Now can't even open page. Site crashes. Says error page.
    It's not fair. I've waited long long time for one.
    Urgh. So close yet so far.
    Oh you flirtatious dirty minx!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I want one.
    I want it so badly.
    I can put it in my shopping basket but can't checkout.
    Now can't even open page. Site crashes. Says error page.
    It's not fair. I've waited long long time for one.
    Urgh. So close yet so far.
    Rage harder.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Technically I am just looking for a lighter shade it doesn't need to be lemon yellow. Strangely enough I didn't find the current one as toon accurate in colour.
    But that's probably because I been used to seeing the g1 toy.

Is only a wish actually not a big vent. It does becomes a vent when TT comes out with red and gold and I don't think hasbro is going to change it either .
    The reason the yellow is off is due to the VW licensing , they had to use the actual color coded paint that was used on the original VW car rather than a toon accurate yellow

Picked up the latest issues of IDW's RiD and MTMTE today, and yet again, both issues contained basic errors. Unless there are no native English speakers on their writing and editorial staff (as is the case with TakaraTOMY etc.), then I cannot fathom why their comics so routinely contain mistakes.

This issue's MTMTE was even more surprising because the mistake came from Ultra Magnus. No, not the hanging participle -- that was deliberate -- I'm talking about using "that" instead of "than." The T and N keys aren't even next to each other on the keyboard, and doesn't anyone every proof read these things before they're approved for printing?! I know that I've made some errors in my translations for Hasbro, but that's because I have no one to proof read my work (re: non-disclosure clause). And even then, it's been a rare occurrence; I don't make these blatant mistakes in every booklet. Plus my brain is literally thinking in two languages when I'm doing that stuff and I still have to do my day job and family commitments (e.g. I translated LG10 Arcee and MP Sideswipe's booklets right in the middle of an assessment marking/report writing period, and I was teaching a student teacher!). But I'm assuming that writing is what these writers do as their actual paid day jobs... and don't they have editors?!?

I wanted to huddle into foetal position when I read Sunstreaker saying, "my brother and me..." No! It's "my brother and I"! You only say "my brother and me," if you're referring to yourself as the object of a verb or preposition (e.g. "The Ark granted Lamborghini alt modes to my brother and me."), but this was not what Sunstreaker was doing. Gah! And Sunstreaker is not the type of character who would speak in broken English like say the Dinobots or Rumble and Frenzy. Most Transformers actually speak properly.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Picked up the latest issues of IDW's RiD and MTMTE today, and yet again, both issues contained basic errors. Unless there are no native English speakers on their writing and editorial staff (as is the case with TakaraTOMY etc.), then I cannot fathom why their comics so routinely contain mistakes.
    These basic errors has been there since the early issues right? Perhaps a combination of spell-check plus underpaid & overworked entry-level QC sub-editors.

Gah! And Sunstreaker is not the type of character who would speak in broken English like say the Dinobots or Rumble and Frenzy.
    Too late! It's canon now!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I wanted to huddle into foetal position when I read Sunstreaker saying, "my brother and me..." No! It's "my brother and I"! You only say "my brother and me," if you're referring to yourself as the object of a verb or preposition (e.g. "The Ark granted Lamborghini alt modes to my brother and me."), but this was not what Sunstreaker was doing. Gah! And Sunstreaker is not the type of character who would speak in broken English like say the Dinobots or Rumble and Frenzy. Most Transformers actually speak properly.
    I totally get your point about Magnus, since he is a stickler for doing everything properly, however, a lot of people who are considered to speak 'properly' still have idiosyncrasies in their speech. Personally I've observed very few people ever refer to themselves as 'I' in the sense you are describing.

Perhaps it's an intentional error, a reflection on the imperfections of society.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

When you find out Pyra Magna's legs are missassembled so she has floppy knees...

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Perhaps it's an intentional error, a reflection on the imperfections of society.
    That might be plausible if these errors were consistently made (much like the deliberate speech imperfections in the Dinobots' and Frenzy/Rumble's speech patterns), but it's not. It's entirely haphazard across different characters without rhyme or reason, so it appears to just be sloppy writing and editing. Much like Michael Bay's film editing. But really, these people are professional writers and editors... it's their paid day job to write correctly.

That might be plausible if these errors were consistently made (much like the deliberate speech imperfections in the Dinobots' and Frenzy/Rumble's speech patterns), but it's not. It's entirely haphazard across different characters without rhyme or reason, so it appears to just be sloppy writing and editing. Much like Michael Bay's film editing. But really, these people are professional writers and editors... it's their paid day job to write correctly.
    "My brother and me" is a fairly common usage in day to day speech despite being technically incorrect. In fact, "my brother and I" would normally be seen as a rather stuffy way of phrasing something even if it is technically correct, and would indicate the speaker is a linguistic pedant or snob. I would suggest that the writers' and editors' concern was to avoid Sunstreaker being seen as a snob rather than having him speak "broken" English. No-one ever says "my brother and I" or similar in day to day conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    "My brother and me" is a fairly common usage in day to day speech despite being technically incorrect. In fact, "my brother and I" would normally be seen as a rather stuffy way of phrasing something even if it is technically correct, and would indicate the speaker is a linguistic pedant or snob. I would suggest that the writers' and editors' concern was to avoid Sunstreaker being seen as a snob rather than having him speak "broken" English. No-one ever says "my brother and I" or similar in day to day conversation.
    exactly what I was trying to say but said so much better than I.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)